Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

$500-600 to spend, 3.2mp+

hey

ive finally decided to get a 3.2mp camera. i want a phone that not everyone has, i want a 3.2 camera, mp3. i want a phone that has alot of 3rd party software n that u can customize. i no nokia is known for that but wat about the other choices? i no there isnt a huge selection of 3.2mp phones so im wondering if i should wait for the next-gen cam phones (ex: n95). what would you buy between the:

n80
    n73
    SE k800i
    sharp 903sh

any other phones u can recommend would be great

thanks

I would choose the N73, but another phone you can look at is the Samsung P850.

If you want optical zoom the Sharp 903 offers it.

If you want Xenon Flash SE k800i

my vote's for k800. But then again, i'm biased (can you tell?) heehee =)~

~LB

If you want to you could also get the Toshiba 904T, but the problem with that one is that there's no zoom (for that matter, there's no autofocus either). It's good for music, though, and the camera is 3.2MP. But, if you really have $500 to spend, then by all means go for the 903 (or the K800, but I'm not really into Sony Ericsson since SD cards are much cheaper than Memory Sticks where I live- $25 for 1GB miniSD compared to $100 for 1GB Memory Stick, prices approximated in US Dollars from their original price in Chinese RMB, not to mention that Sony Ericsson's interface rubs me the wrong way for some reason). Don't let my words deter you from getting the phone you want, though- my opinions are biased towards Japanese phones (my sister once told me that I liked all the phones neither she nor her friends would ever be caught in public with) and slightly against Sony Ericsson ever since I found that the Sharp 902 did the same stuff that the first Walkman phone did (I was going to buy a Walkman phone when it first came out, but the store didn't accept credit cards, so I went to an import shop and got a Sharp 902- to be honest if I got the walkman phone that day I would have never even thought of getting a Sharp or Toshiba after that). Sorry if I seem to start rambling.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

is the sharp 903sh easily customizable? like themes, backgrounds, software, 3rd party apps, etc?

anyone have any idea? thx

I've messed around with all of those phones before, and ive owned 2 of them, here is how i would narrow it down...

k800i - Has a xenon flash for better night photos than your normal LED flash, but the quality of the pictures just isnt that great. The video camera on this phone is also... useless, it has bad resolution and is very choppy, and u cant use a flash while video taping.

Nokia N80 - This would be the worst camera out of all of them, its fixed focus with close up mode, the video camera is rather nice. But the phone has Wi-Fi, dont know how important that is to you, but it would be a nice feature.

Nokia N73 - Another 3.2 mp with a Carl Zeiss lens... now, dont let the brand name fool you, Carl Zeiss produces amazing lens', but the one on this cell phone, isnt that great.. if you notice, whenever you take a picture and there is a black background, the black colors would tend to have a bluish tint to it, and therefore, making its color production unrealistic. But once again, this camera will take better pictures than both a k800i or an N80. The video camera is also quite nice.

Sharp 903sh - This is the phone i currently use, i sold my K800i for it... let me explain why... I'm a HUGE camera fan, its the most important feature on a phone to me, and if you want the BEST camera in terms of quality and color production... the Sharp 903sh is your answer, it has a CCD glass lens which captures great detail of anything, where you normal CMOS censor, which is in the k800 or n80, captures far less.... the quality of the 903 pictures is amazing. This phone will blow all of the other phones out of the water... and im being as honest as i can, the video camera on it is also really good too..

Hope this helped

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

that helped alot, thx but i was wondering if the sharp 903 has alotta 3rd party software, themes, apps, customizable interface, etc. thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information