Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    brownboi42

how hard is law school, say compared to engineering undergrad?

I'm an electrical/computer engineer considering a career change. I would like to get into the field of patent law, but I am also 28 years old and in a fairly comfortable position.

I'm in a union (rare for engineers) and work for the government (cdn) in the nuclear industry, so I am questioning whether this is the right move.

I have been out of school for four years, and remember how tough and time consuming engineering was. I graduated with a ~3.4 GPA and have been working ever since. Working is a breeze compared to school...

So I just wanted to know what am I getting into, if I decide to pursue law school?

The reason I'd like to get into law is because I think my skills and talents are better suited for it rather than for engineering. Also, I miss school and how "goal" oriented it was.

The other thing is, money, unless I luck out and start a viable engineering business on my own, I will never make as much as I can being a patent attorney.

Any thoughts/insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    bb42
    Engineering does not pay enough. I am motivated by $. Other options, besides law school?
    Engineering also sucks, I don't want to be a Dilbert.

Rita S
    Sounds like you just miss school--and not every patent attorney makes big money, you know. Is there anything else that you can focus your energies on, on a part-time basis--preferably something where you interact with those of your own age group?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information