Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    strzelecki1

What causes a 2001 Saab 9-3 to make whining noises when I accelerate when started after sitting for 2-3 hrs?

The shop I took it to said it was a cracked fan belt. That cost $150.00 and it didn't solve the problem. Its still whining when I start it up and accelerate after its been sitting for a few hours.

Is it the alternator? Fuel pump? Is it something else? I don't want to have them replace everything through trial and error to find out. Have you heard of this before or know what it could be? Thanks!
    The shop I took it to said it was a cracked fan belt. That cost $150.00 and it didn't solve the problem. Its still whining when I start it up and accelerate after its been sitting for a few hours.

Is it the alternator? Fuel pump? Is it something else? I don't want to have them replace everything through trial and error to find out. Have you heard of this before or know what it could be? Thanks!

** The noise does increase when I accelerate so I don't think its the steering pump. That would whine when you are doing a hard turn right?
    It does not seem to have any connection to the lights right now, but I did turn off most the electric extras and it still makes the noise.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

check power steering fluid, if low on fluid the pump will whine , may stop when car is warmed because of fluid expansion from the heat might be just enough to stop whine , check fluid

Powered by Yahoo Answers

dodge man
    check your power steering fluid in it,and also check the transmission fluid in it also,,either of these will cause slight whining in it if they get low on fluid,,good luck hope this help,s,happy new years.