Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Terrified of Camping, should I use sleeping aids?

So I used to camp quite often and then two summers ago my husband and I were camping alone and long story short we ran into some bears and were in the scariest situation of our lives. (I have never EVER been so terrified).

So I have been camping ONCE since then and I am apparently unbearable to go camping with now because as soon as it gets dark, I friek out and become extremely skittish and paranoid, I am up all night... basically trying to keep others up with me so I don't feel alone....

I know this sounds ridiculous and that you are thinking, "just get over it". And I've tried but its like a switch gets flipped to "crazy" when I am in the forest and it gets dark. I live in Colorado and I don't think are usually too many bear attacks.

But I just bought a 400$ tent and would like to go camping a few times this summer I just am scared I can't do it. I always bring guns, I have a 12 gauge shotgun that holds 9 rounds and I have hollow point slugs for camping, I also have a concealed carry permit and I carry a 9mm and 38 special (which are useless against bears),

I guess what I am asking is has anyone been attacked by a bear or had to shoot a bear? And should I try and get some sort of sleeping aid like ambien or something so it will just knock me out when it is time for bed?

Any suggestions are appreciated thanks.

tenseventysix
    I say if it's upsetting you that much just don't go camping! You are torturing yourself.

No, don't take a sleeping aid. You will need to be fully alert to run for your life when the bear comes to your tent.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information