Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vividweb

Multiple Receivers (SW44 or SW64)

I am going to be adding two more receivers to my house soon and am trying to determine the best way to set things up.

Right now I have two 3100 receivers, they are connected to one LNB. I am going to be adding another basic receiver and an HD Receiver, in a different location in the house.

My thoughts on how to accomplish this are to add the second LNB and run all four cables to a SW44 or SW64 mounted near the dish. Two of the lines off the switch will run to the existing location (wires are already there). The other two lines will run to the second location. There may be a possibility in the future of needing a third line running to the second location.

Is a SW64 and a third coax the right solution or can a different switch (SW24) be added at the second location? I cannot do two SW44's as the first location is upstairs in the house and the second location is in the basement, unless both SW44's are at the dish (outside).

Q

many ways. multiple dishes is probably the easiest.

I have a DPP twin and a DPP44 switch with a DPP separator.

This allows 2 lines going into the house into the switch. The switch then allows any 4 receivers to be hooked up. If the receiver is dual receiver you still run one line to it but use a separator to split into 2 cable.

Joe

vividweb

Thanks for the input Joe

I thought the DPP44 would require 4 inputs to switch properly? Can I run 4 inputs to a SW44 take two cables to location one and two cables to location two and then add another SW44 at location two and connect the three receivers to the second SW44.

Q

I believe the SW44 switches allow cascading. You will have to search the forums.

The DPP44 switch can accept 4 wires from DP lnb(s) or 2 wires from the DPP twin.

kandkt

You can install two SW44's. What you will need to do is run all four cables from your LNB's to 4 high frequency splitters. From each of these splitters, you can feed two SW44's. If you look at the SW44 manual, it shows this configuration. I have been using this configuration for about a year now with zero problems.

Kevin

I_Want_My_HDTV

kandkt is correct. You need an SW44A to cascade switches. SW44s are for two LNBs, SW64s are for 3 LNBs. SW64s are not required with EV but may be required for Dishnet.

vividweb

Can I go through a SW44 before the splitters? ie 4 cables from LNB to SW44, 2 cables to 2 receivers at location 1, 2 cables split and connected to 4 receivers at location 2? Or would I have to go through a second SW44 at location 2?

BRN

Hi all:

I have spent the day trying to connect a 4th receiver up to my BEV system. My connections were like this before I started:

Dual LNB - 4 sat wires to the sat side of a SW44
    - 4100 connnected, a 5800 connected and a 9200, with the power inverter connected to one of the 9200 lines

Today I spent the time connecting it up like this:
    Dual LNB - 4 sat wires to the sat in side of a new SW44A, out from the SW44A to the dish side of the existing SW44, the the same out to receiver connections I previously had (I marked all the lines before I took them off so they are back exactly as they were). I have also now connected up a new 5900 to the port 1 receiver port with a power inverter from the new SW44A

Now nothing works...no signal at any receiver.

What have I done wrong!?

scrooloose

I have a working setup like yours. Do you have a power inverter connected to each switch? Have you done a check switch?

-Mike

BRN

Well that must be it then...as I made over 14 new connections...I likely messed up on one or more of them! I have since taken off the 44A and put the system back the way it was (meaning Ive bypassed all my work!) and its working again...so it must have been me....(such a drag when you think of what each of those compression fittings cost, and the time I wasted - only to be right where I started...and the new 5900 isnt even connected...man, time to call a pro!).
    Thanks to all that provided their opinions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information