I took out a new contract with Vodafone 11 weeks ago on an Apple iPhone 3Gs. The only way that Vodafone could better the deal from my previous provider was to sign me up to a 'Business Tariff' so that I could make unlimited landline calls.

Part of the agreement was 'paperless billing' and that I would be sent details of monthly usage via email. However, although I receive notification of my 'e-Bill', I am not able to log in and view the the charges as it asks me to obtain account authorisation from the primary account holder. Under normal business usage setup this would be an employee of a business who is responsible for the corporate account.

But, the situation is that I don't own a company and that I am a private user and therefore there is no assigned mobile account holder as such. Due to this, Vodafone are not able to grant me access to my bills and have proceeded to take funds via Direct Debit from my bank account.

Despite several complaints to Vodafone, they have failed to rectify the problem and claim that they cannot offer a solution without converting my tariff to a private user agreement whereby I will lose the unlimited landline feature.

For this reason I wish to terminate the contract and move back to O2.

How do I stand legally? Can I do this?

For info: Vodafone have clearly stated that there is no way around the current issue as they have tried several times to manipulate their system to accomodate a personal user