Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Trying to end the nonsensical financial questions: So lets have it - does ANYONE here...

...believe that PAPs...? or anyone else for that matter, owes them a living or should financially support biological families until the children turn 18?

Because I suspect it's just one person who seriously needs to "get real."
    If this person is trying to make some kind of point, they are doing a very BAD job.

Birthers are NOT mothers
    No. You make them, you need to step up and find a way to support them. The rest of us work everyday to provide for our families, why shouldn't a select few? It is not anyone else's job to support another family...end of story.

I think that person is a birthmother who blames the rest of the world for her "losing" her child. Talk about entitlement, nobody is entitled to anybody's kid or a free ride!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Of course not. There is only one person who refuses to "get real" and that person, if and when they come back, will just continue with that rant. About the only thing it's good for is collecting points.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think this 'question' has been posted and has already been answered at least 5 times before.

I think the general overall answerers said...NO!

monkeykitty83
    No. I feel that every human being has the right to have their basic needs met, and to have help doing that while they work to become independent--but no one is required to perpetually financially support someone else's preferred lifestyle, and parents are ultimately responsible for their own children.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No because we have a good welfare state to help parents raise their children. If parents are on a low income or unemployed they are entitled to various benefits depending on their income. Why on earth would they even approach paps for support when they don't need to?

I have serious doubts that this "Get Real" person is a mother at all.

The Q's are just too over the top. I think it more mocking than serious.

Notice he/she never said "Me" or "I", he/she for that matter, is not stating his/her position in adoption.

I don't know why we keep answering the Q's. We should just all block and move on. I am doing my best (and failing) to do that.

ETA- oh to answer your question. I do think (as does uncle sam) that we own it to society to provide the minimum basic needs to our children. We currently have no choice in the matter, WE pay for food stamps, WE pay for financial aid for college, WE pay to put "deadbeat dads" in jail, WE pay to fund Medicaid, WE pay for foster care and foster care adoption.

We ALL pay for those who can't, and honestly I don't mind, I see it as an investment in your youth.

Serenity71
    No, thats why I pay taxes along with my husband. Some it goes to single parent families including teenager mothers. The support is only there until they get back on their feet. It was NEVER designed to be there for the purpose of a living or negate the need for that person to find work no matter what they think society owes them.

My parents didn't raise me to be a parisite to society...and its not how I'm raising my kids either.

Get realistic!

grapesgum
    No, I do not believe that potential adoptive parents should financially support natural families until the children turn 18 year of age.

Nor do I believe that natural families should be required to cure infertiliy by sacrificing their children to potential adoptive parents who think they can give a child "a better life".

Both are ridiculous premises. Unfortunately, one is "modus operandi" by adoptive parents and the adoption industry that they willingly finance.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ha! I seriously thought about putting something up about this.

I agree with your assessment that there's just one person who feels this way. Everyone else believes that while you can be helpful and supportive, nobody owes someone else a living.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information