I am 14 and need to lose A LOT of weight. I am 5'4-5" and weigh 221 pounds. I really want to get it off but it is hard on me right now because I am not emotionally healthy. I am depressed and school is a personal hell for me because of being a loner and no friends (that's beside the point). There are a lot of gyms around here but you have to be 18 to join. There are a lot that except kids and teens but they are 40-50 miles away and that is difficult. I try sticking to exercising at home but nothing motivates me and I have lost self-esteem from what has happened these last few years. I want to eat healthier but the health foods cost a butt load of money compared to less healthier foods. I don't eat extremely junky food.
My GI doctor told me I need to lose weight within 6 months. But the way he said it was hateful. Quote: "If you can't motivate yourself, then you don't want to lose the weight." I don't care his profession, he is wrong about me at least. I need someone pushing me to want me to because I want to feel better about myself (not by looks, but personality).
But what I want is a FUN way to lose weight. I have a Wii Fit but the games on it are extremely corny. I would walk but it gets extremely boring walking in the same place you've seen a million times. And if I had some friends to do this with it would be different, but if you have no friends you can't do that.
Sports don't interest me. All of my hobbies involve a computer. I want to be a meteorologist when I get older and to track storms you have to have a computer. If I can't join fun gyms, is there any other fun ways to do this because regardless what the doctor said, I want to do this but I need a confidence booster before I can.