Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

New T3 owener, qestion, and overclocking

Hi all

Just picked up a T3 from e-bay rather cheep, ive been playing around with it and love it.

Could I ask a couple of noob questions, I usually leave it in the docking station all night (green light on) but last night I forgot, when I got up this morning it was flat, and all software had to be synced again, is this normal? And should I leave it in its docking station all night.

I also downloaded lightspeed, and just thought some of you may be interested in the results

I ran a speed test on default settings and got the advertised 380 mhz
    Overclocked the application and managed to get a reading of 536 mhz
    That?s quite an improvement..

In real world, I ran a video clip and benched it, getting 41 FPS, then overclocked the application and got 56 FPS

Many thanks

Ryan

I leave it off the charger all the time w/o a problem.
    Make sure of the Bluetooth is off and that its not turning on in the middle of the night (some type of alert going).

If this is not the case you might want to do a reset while in the cradel. This seems to to work for many people. You should leave it charging after this.
    If this does not work then you might have a bad battery.

In reference to the overclocking, I have used lightspeed and its great but when you overclock you will loose battery charge very quickly.
    And the opposite applies too. Lowering the speed will extend battery charge.
    I never bought the registered version, but I might in the future.
    Also most palms are set up to run at lower speed out of the box (Z71 ran at 144, when in reality it was a 177 I think).
    Palm does this to show that the battery life is acceptable.

I hope this helped.

mas

helps loads cheers

Ill make sure there are no alarms or anything running and leave it off the cradle again tonight to see what it does.

Thnx

As far as I know, you're the FIRST on this forum to OVERCLOCK, not UNDERclock, a T3.

Brave of you! Interesting results too. I did it to my old 505; I don't think I'd "venture into" overclocking my T3 since 380MHz (you're correct - it's not "400," but either is any other spec from P1 !!) is "fast enough" and I probably wouldn't see a difference in the apps I use.

The frame rate thing was VERY interesting. I wonder if that would "add some whiz" to AcidImage when dragging images?

Another contributor here UNDERCLOCKS his to 133MHz, and has DRAMATIC battery life improvement, as mspadaro indicated.

Will you leave it overclocked? Does LightSpeed allow for overclocking ONLY within certain apps, or is it a general "boost?"

I'd be interested in "long term" effects (1-2 weeks) and battery performance. I MIGHT just have a stab at it!! Hee hee.

It will clock specific apps , so quite useful, on some of the games I have I get a judder when the screen changes frame, and its dramatically reduced when overcooked, media playing is also improved, (quite important to me as I use the pda in this was quite a lot)

Its very quick and easy to use, and lets me to boost one app if I?m having trouble, while having the rest of my pda under clocked fro improved battery life.

Ryan

It also offers that wonderful "Reduce Screen Noise" option, which completely eliminates the annoying high-pitched buzz that had been coming out of my T2 lately. It wasn't bad unless I was using it in a quiet location -- felt like I was suffering from tinitus.

Lightspeed was worth every penny of its $19 registration just to get rid of the buzz. I have two apps overclocked on my T2 -- a game and MMPlayer. The rest I left alone. I'm thinking about underclocking the rest now!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information