Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I want to lose weight and gain muscle. What's the best diet and exercise plan?

Obviously it's quite broad, but what would be a great diet, foods to strictly avoid, and best exercises. At the moment I just want to concentrate on the vanity muscles i.e the biceps, triceps, abs and chest, also the lats
    Therefore, what are the best foods to eat with low fat/calorie, high protein etc? And whats some good cardio to do? I've been told to buy whey protein etc, but if I can avoid buying it, that would be great! (:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try exercising 4-6 days a week, Do one day of cardio then one day of strength training etc and get at least one day of rest per week. For doing cardio, running is the best because it works your entire body, for abs try this routine: 20 sit ups, 20 leg lifts, 40 toe touches, 20 bicycles and two 30 second planks. Once this gets easy (trust me it will eventually) either increase the reps or try some different exercises. When strength training do high weight with low repetitions. This will increase muscle mass which will in turn increase strength and help you lose body fat much faster. Every 3lbs of muscle gained equals an extra 120 calories your body burns just by sitting there. For diet, eat 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 big ones as this will increase your metabolism dramatically. There are no evil foods to stay away from other than the obvious sugary candies and such because you will be working it all off. Do the exercise plan and eat the way I suggested and you will see results within a week or two. Good Luck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Try exercising 4-6 days a week, Do one day of cardio then one day of strength training etc and get at least one day of rest per week. For doing cardio, running is the best because it works your entire body, for abs try this routine: 20 sit ups, 20 leg lifts, 40 toe touches, 20 bicycles and two 30 second planks. Once this gets easy (trust me it will eventually) either increase the reps or try some different exercises. When strength training do high weight with low repetitions. This will increase muscle mass which will in turn increase strength and help you lose body fat much faster. Every 3lbs of muscle gained equals an extra 120 calories your body burns just by sitting there. For diet, eat 5 smaller meals a day instead of 3 big ones as this will increase your metabolism dramatically. There are no evil foods to stay away from other than the obvious sugary candies and such because you will be working it all off. Do the exercise plan and eat the way I suggested and you will see results within a week or two. Good Luck

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Zumba dvd works well for toning up

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information