Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Apple iPhone 4 vs. Motorola Droid X (was: Has anyone left the iPhone for the Droid X)

I'm feeling that new phone itch again. Classic story of how I love the iPhone but I want something new. Only reason im scared to leave AT&T now is because I'm grandfathered in with the unlimited data. I don't wanna get the Droid X get bored with it within a year and want my iPhone back and can't get the unlimited Data. I had a bad experience with the htc incredible. Call quality was great but Internet speeds were super slow. The iPhone 4 does everything I want, just wanna try something new but I don't want to regret it.

Apple iPhone 4 vs. Motorola Droid X (was: Has anyone left the iPhone for the Droid X)

ya that 4.4inch screen looks PHAT! how much will this droid X cost when it comes out?

Internet speeds on the X will be the same as on the Incredible. If Android appeals to you, it'll be a nice phone (I'd take the HTC over Motorola personally, but maybe that's just me).

I would hold off unless you're really determined.

The Droid X is fast, customizable and has a big screen. That said, it's almost too big -- if you're the kind who has other devices competing for attention in your pocket or just don't have a lot of room, it could be too much.

Also, after having seen an iPhone 4 display, you'd probaby find it hard to go for "just" 854x480.

Software-wise: flexibility on the X is good, but there's not much in the way of desktop sync. It's either unofficial tools or just cloud sync only.

I have both the iPhone 4 and the Droid X. They are each very nice in their own way.

Personally I greatly prefer the Droid X with it's larger screen for web surfing and messaging. It's so much roomier, than the small 3.5" display of the iPhone. I've had every iPhone to date, and I really like them but this time, I think Apple made a big mistake by not offering the larger size. Especially when the overall size of the phone is not that much larger. Also it's only 15g heavier, it doesn't' even feel like it either. There is so much more room when using the keyboard to reach in with a finger to scroll the screen, especially in the landscape view. The iPhone is cramped.

As far as display quality, while the iPhone specs look better on paper, in real day to day usage the difference is minimal. Too many people get hung up on specs instead of actually seeing what the phones are like. I'm platform neutral and always have a few activated smartphones.

In this case it just happened to work out that I have them both activated so I'm able to do a side by side comparison and having used them for some time now, I've developed a really liking for Android. Everyone I know that has bought a Droid X (quite a few friends) that are past iPhone lovers, are very happy with their Droids.

It's the customization too, there is just so much you can do with one, to make it uniquely your phone. Not limited as the iPhone.

Cheers...

Not true, there are lots of desktop sync options. I have my Droid X synced to both my ThinkPad and my MacBook Pro no problem.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information