Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is hitch-hiking too dangerous?

as soon as i finish college, im planning to hitch-hike with a friend probably around europe and maybe even in america.. but some have warned me about the dangers of doing so. how safe is it really? would u or would u not recommend it and why?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't do it, my friend was trying to hitchhike to Winnipeg once and she got a ride with this guy. The guy who was driving her wanted her to pay him back with oral sex but she refused & then he pulled over and started to beat her with one of those things you change a tire with.
    She was lucky this person pulled over and stopped him.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would never get in a car with someone I didn't know and trust because that would be putting my safety in the control of a perfect stranger, which is not the best idea. I was going to say watch Hostel and see if you still want to hitch-hike in Europe, but I see someone beat me to that! Besides the obvious dangers, I wouldn't suggest it because it is illegal in some places and people nowadays aren't likely to pick up a stranger for the same safety issues. You may have to walk for miles and wait forever for someone to pick you up. The danger isn't just in riding with a stranger- you can get hit by a traveling car that might not see you on the side of the road, especially at night, or if you are having to wait or walk a lot in the hot summer sun, heat stroke is a possibility. None of that sounds too fun to me. If I were you, I would definitely find a safer and more secure way to travel. See if you can get a large group together and do a tour of some sort. Splitting the cost among a group can save you money without risking your safety. You might also try reading some of those travel books that tell you how to visit places on a budget. If you aren't able to get where you want to go without thumbing it, I would go somewhere closer to home or not go at all. Your safety is more important.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information