Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bayside Performance- Refused Transaction!!

I've had the 848 for just over a year now and as you can see from my signature image, I've kinda caught the mod bug.

I do most of my shopping online using PayPal and have purchased items from Commoto, Bellissimoto, Extreme Discount, Matrix Motorsports, ShiftTech, Performance Moto, Podium SuperBike, Riders Discount, SR SignDesign and Two Wheel Center. All using the same Paypal account.

So when I saw a Speedymoto Top Triple at a good price on Bayside Performance, I ordered one, again using Paypal.
    I received an email stating that they don't accept Paypal from Thailand. When I replied saying their policy was rather unusual, I got (sans seasonal greetings!) this reply....

95% of all orders we get from asia are fraud.
    Our policy stands. You will be refunded.
    We do not accept retractable payments from your region.
    Kevin Boisvert

Now I fully understand that Asia is a hub for credit/online fraud and they may have been burned in the past but really, have a little decorum.

To me, that email reads 'FU*K OFF!'

I've had vendors in the past refuse to ship to this country. Fair enough, as their websites informed me of this before any transaction could be completed. But Bayside performance have 'Thailand' in their country drop down box. Maybe a caveat should be included on their site with regards to Asia.

Oh well! Time to start Googling 'Speedymoto Top Triples' yet again

And I'll let you know what happens on the refund.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Kevin is a very abrupt guy but I can't fathom why he'd do what he did. I never deal with him if I don't have to. Julian or Johnny are the guys I go to but I also don't order online but go right in to the store. Unfortunately you don't have that ability. I didn't realize that Paypal was retractable after payment was made. Sucks for sure.

Pay by credit card and not by paypal.

this, paypal is a pain in the ass when the buyer can just claim they didnt get the product. Paypal will then just automagically take the funds from the seller. Your best bet is to call them and just use a cc, I doubt they would have as issue with that.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was told wire transfer or cheque only.
    But after this, I prefer to take my business elsewhere.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I read that as "we reserve the right to refuse service". It's a business decision and its not fraudulent. Move on (as you are) to another vendor.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

We take paypal and credit cards from Asian countries--but we require identification and proof of address for shipping. Until we started taking those extra steps we were burned a number of times.

We prefer bank transfers on international transactions. For that reason we offer a 2% discount for all wire transfers.

If you register on the motowheels website for passwords, you will save a few dollars. Request USPS for shipping and save a bunch on shipping as well. We usually ship lowest cost carrier and refund the difference from the UPS quoted cost.

-M

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have had problems with Paypal personally in getting any money they owe me back in my hands. I do not recommend it for anything from my experiences.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

do a search on BCSB. Kevin is a tool and to be honest I can't believe he is still in business. I for one will not support this douche.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I agree. But it's also a question of common courtesy.

Motowheels, I would have ordered through you due to your good rep but your website shows the Top Triple as 'Out of Stock'.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

juz to share my experiences...

although I'm asian, I've no probs ordering from MotoWheels, Shift Tech & Commoto... great help & service provided by them...

LM

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information