Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning Bold

Brix L

Returning Bold

I am going to return my bold I bought It less than 30 days ago on a hardware upgrade and added a data plan. I wanted to go back to my old plan which is basic $25 a month with no data plan. Since it is in the 30 day range, will I be able to do this since the I am not happy
    ?

BriarKat

Returning Bold

I'm thinking yes. I was told that I could return mine within 30 days and my purchase amount would be refunded minus a small restocking fee. ~via Bold~

b_icyb

Returning Bold

Alright because that's the only reason I could think of that the 30 day period would be useful for.

BTMF

Returning Bold

Can any rogers employees confirm this?

C-law

Returning Bold

As long as you are 30 days within the date of purchase and under 30minutes of usage on the device (now don't try to be smart and reset it because they can see on your account how many minutes you used on that specific IMEI), you can definitely return it, get your money back and go back to your previous voice only plan. Definitely.

What did you not like about the Bold ? The size (seeing as in your avatar you have three pearls) ?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Returning Bold

I'm just not happy with it. My bill is too high, the phone is too big, browser is no better than the curve. I don't really need a data plan so the bold is really a waste of money if I didn't have one. I might have used more than 30 mins talk time but I was just testing the phone and playing around with the browser and maybe I answered a few calls. I am hoping I can get a refund because I am not satisfied with this phone its not that much better than the 8xxx series.

cally l

Returning Bold

Oh definitely it is your choice to return it or not but i am sure you have been made aware of the return policy and if you havent it is on the paperwork that came with your phone that you either signed (retail) or verbally agreed to (over the phone).
    If you have gone over the 30mins, it is at the discretion of the manager on duty at the time of your visit/call to decide whether or not he lets your make the return.

He does not HAVE to so i would suggest being nice and asking politely (although i am sure that is what you were gonna do anyways) that usually works .

Good luck and let us know how it works out for you.

brinks1123

Returning Bold

Just got back from the store. I happened to know the guy working so the return went smoothly. I got rid of the data plan, and i am back to basics with unlimited txt. I couldnt get used to the bold, its too big, and i dont think it was a good idea to use my upgrade because then i would be locked in for another 3 years (looking to move to fido next year when contract is up to get rid of the dreaded access fee).

Thanks a lot ranx for answering my question, you were a great help!

Bob Sanchezel

Returning Bold

I am glad everything went smoothly the way you wanted it.
    You are more than welcome 360C. anytime

Bob Sanchezel

Returning Bold

Actually there are two very good reasons to take advantage of the return policy of any carrier. The first and most important is to see if the coverage works well in the areas you are going to use the phone. After all the phone is only as good as the signal it receives. Second is to test the phone to see if you like it. Far too many people get all wrapped up in the excitement of a new phone and do not check out the carriers coverage. While they do offer coverage maps, those are designed to sell you on that carrier. The maps are usually very unreliable. There is no substitute for testing it for yourself.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information