Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cally l

How to Deal with Rogers Retention Dept.

What do you guys say?? I want a cheaper reate?? Right now Im approx 90-95$ a mth. Been with Rogers when they were Cantel, so its been awhile. I am currently using the 8110 curve with this plan,
    Unlim. After 5 9$
    com pack 10$
    700$ Unlim Eve/Wk 40
    15 Unlim email
    then the rest are all 911 fee, System Access fee pst gst
    my question is how do I call up and ask for a better rate? I believe I am a tier 2 customer. I's like to get something dropped b/c I ve been paying approx 100mth Forever!! Even If I could save 10 Dollars IT would help!! Rogers Data Sucks! $$$ They need more comp. Cant wait for T-mobile to come to Canada!
    Thanks guys

brinks1123

chicho1234, when I called retentions, I was as apprehensive as you. The approach I took was that my girlfriend and I were trying to tighten our belts as much as possible. Ranxoren's advice to be nice and accomodating and appreciative and grateful is bang on.

Britni Warner

I know everyone is up for saving money, but they are just like any business in it for the money. Would you go to walmart or the grocery store and ask for discounts just because you buy from them? Eating is a neccessity so you have to buy it, but when you have a luxury like a cell phone, why ask for discounts?I want all of you to try the same mentality at the No Frills next time you grocery shop and tell them you buy from them all the time and see what they say. Same goes for transportation. You buy a car, and make payment, the full payments. What do you think the dealer will say when you ask for discounts?

I'm not asking you stop calling the retention department, I do as well, but why resort to almost begging? Pay for what you use.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

sansaman, in my case I don't think what I was asking for what over the top or unfair in any way. I was simply looking for ways to trim various bills, Rogers included. Many companies will discount fees if you have a number of services with them, look at Rogers bundles, for example. Why not apply that concept to the wireless bill itself. If someone is paying $40 for a monthly plan plus $20 for a communicate value pack plus $9 for early evenings plus $10 for My5, when you factor in SAF and Taxes you're looking at $97.69. I don't think it's unreasonable for someone to ask to be credited 50% of the extras, which would bring the bill down to $75.65, or essentially a 22.5% reduction overall!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So how would this work as far as getting roaming in the U.S. as well I've only been with rogers for 10 months and my first phone crapped out, finally got myself a curve but it wont be here till probably may so im using a friends old old peice of crap phone that only recieve about 10% of phone calls and text messages...

What are the chance of them giving me a HUP?

C. L. Richardson

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Give them a call and tell them your problem and ask what you can do. If you don't get the answer you like thank them for their time and call back and talk to someone else.

Buginoid361

yeah moridar has to be right. Every rep will give you a different answer. Ive had reps refusin to give me a hardware upgrade and finally found one that offered me a 8100 for 10 dollars haha

C. L. Richardson

ranxoren has got that right too everytime I call in for a customer and don't get what they are looking for as long as it's not far fetched I'll hang up on the rep who is being of no help and call back and get someone who will give me what I'm asking for. You've got to play it like a game Rogers does have good customer service but if you call in an are angry the people on the other end are #1 not going to help you and #2 more likely to transfer you to another rep cause they don't want to deal with you

If you call in and are very calm and thank them for all their help they will usually do everything that is in their own power to help you with any situation you might have.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

yep

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

you guys dont know how lucky you are. when I lived in Van i always complained about rogers and telus' prices. After moving here it breaks my heart looking at the prices you guys are paying. They dont have ANY packages or plans here. They just introduced an unlimited local ($50) and unlimited international ($75) data package only for blackberries.
    Besides that there are no voice packages or anything. Whether your pre paid or post paid everything is billed by the minute. And there are no discounts for phones. My 8800 cost me $550 and my 8300 $500.

Be happy with what you have im telling you!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information