Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hog Tunes, Hog wired, Biketronics

Just to bad there isn't a way to hear them all. I need to get an amp and speakers now that I have my pipes good and loud. I was set on Hawg Wired then I went to their website and found they have 120 watt and 150 watt amps. Then they have 2 ohm and 4 ohm speakers. What's the big difference? Then I found out about biketronics. They look good too. I was thinking Hog Tunes but not sure if they will be loud enough.

This sucks. Wish they had all these brands at Best Buy and Circuit City and you could test them all. I want to hear the difference.
    Bummer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

No such luck on that, these are smaller companys working off internet sales only. You'll have to rely on free advice and you get what you pay for. I'm happy withmyBiketronics set up, it's not super loud but I can hear it at 80 and itsounds clean.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I noticed that Hawg wired and biketronics have different amps too. Which one did you get? The amps at biketronics with the speakers are over $600. They better be loud!!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just like the motor...more power is better!

Remember that you have to overcome 50-80mph worth of wind noise, so the louder it can go without distoring, the better.

With 2ohm vs. 4ohm, the amp will have to work harder (read hotter faster)to get the same volume level with the 4 ohm resistors (speakers)

I saw your other post about what amp to get... I didn't answer because you seem to be one of those folks that really isn't educated in the art of 12v electronics (and maybe you don't know someone who is). Therefore, my more than educated opinion would be to get one of the Plug & Play options you've listed above vs. doing something like I did with a "non-Harley" amp.

I don't have any experience with the products that are recommended on this site, so I guess if I were in your shoes, I would get the most amount of power I could for the lowest price I could.

If it was a difference of $50 or less from one manufactuer to another for the same power, I wold then go with whichever one has the best service/return policy. According to the forum, sounds like Pez might win that battle.

MM

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Biketronics is pretty easy to install. we just did another one and it is plug an play. If you can read instructions you can do it. If not their tech is excellent.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

How simple is it? Does the amp just plug into the stereo and sit on top?

<~J_E_N_N_Y~>

Yes, it is a plug and play, we got the 85 amp as we only have 4" speakers on our '95 FLHTC.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Easy install, same deal as in a car: power, ground, turn on lead and speakers. I ran the battery lead under the tank and zip tied it so I didn't have to lift the tank off. The whole install wasaround two hours taking my time.
    I suppose I have the first generation amp from Biketronics, at least it's the only one they offered at the time. I'm using Polk/MomoMMC525 speakers and it sounds good. It's not audiofile quality but as I'm playing MP3's on a motorcycle it doesn't have to be. If you listento Ted Nugent it's great, but you might want to go louder if your into John Denver.
    Hope this helps, shiny side up.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

John Denver

Ruleslol

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information