I am an intermediate-advanced computer user. Google Chrome was working fine until recently. When I tried to open it, I got the window 'Woah! Google Chrome has crashed. Restart?" every time when I clicked on it. Restarting the computer did nothing. Reinstalling Chrome did nothing. Uninstalling with Revo, and reinstalling did nothing. When Chrome is reinstalled it gives a promising few seconds of time before crashing but that was the only progress I saw. What else do you advise? I have backed up all User Data and Local Settings so I don't risk losing my extensions, settings and greasemonkey scripts. I am not going to move user account or take as drastic measures as reinstalling the OS. I am sure this can be sorted out. Perhaps I am running dodgy software / malware is installed but no peculiar tasks are running.
Actually, dodgy software is unlikely as I tried whilst running the minimum amount of programs and the same thing happened. Actually, that's when it started.
Note: If you think this is a 'geeky' article, you shouldn't even be looking in the Computers section of Yahoo Answers, you would be blown away by some of the other stuff. (eg programming)
All extensions etc were removed by the uninstall. I have kept backups in a different folder (the desktop) but the reinstall removed the originals from the App Data folder.