Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How to defeat an ideaoligy(sp)

Western Schools filled with congressional chosen literature. Things like those nasty rebs and the dirty south

On a slightly more serious note the only way to defeat an Ideoligy is through education... thoughts?

IDEOLOGY

While I disagree, let me ask you this.

Let's say for one moment the solution is education. Here's my question...

How will you "educate" the people who believe in the ideology which you oppose when all they are taught is "Death to ". I'm assuming we're talking about extremist Islamic clerics teaching the Muslim youth to hate the West.

How you will remove those clerics and replace them with more moderate clerics? How will you stop people from going to these lectures where they are taught that the Great Satan and Zionist must be killed, not lived with.

That's a good question,obviously it's nopt that simple but let me explain myself as there really is no answer to those questions. A good friend of mine was deployed to Iraq and when he came home he and I were sitting around going through a few hundred pictures he had taken while over there. They had just been developed so we went through them in order taken. In the beginning there were few if any pictures of children mostly chared mettle and some dead middle eastern people. As we went through the photos I found one with a kid in it and he had on a best buy long sleeve shirt of all things. Immediately I asked him how a kid in the middle of the desert had gotten that shirt and he explained to me that people had sent care packages and American goods were highly prized by youth. Eventually we got closer to the end of the stack and pics with kids galore. Again I asked him why the difference and he told me that when they first got there the basic outlook on the soldiers were like "wtf mate" but in the end they had developd relationships with the poeple. I am sure you can see where I am going with this, I am sure some one has said send a Mc Donalds and everything will work it's self out. Well in a ways by helping modernize a 3rd world country and by doing so promoting education and hoping that the smarter youth see through the propoganda from both sides.

sorry if my spelling,grammar, form or what ever sucks it's late I'm drunk and most of all I am lazy...

There's a very simple way, merely kill the leaders of an Ideological movement, then educate the rest and burn all books and media which speak of the ideology favorably, once that is accomplished, there can be no more problems.

I understand what you're trying to say, but I'm not confident it will work out that easily.

I'm not sure if you saw the picture of young kids helping out in Pakistan when they had that earthquake, but there was one photo of two kids carrying a dead person out of rubble, and you could clearly see the shirts they were wearing. Ironically enough, it was of Osama Bin Laden.

Have you seen the protests in Iraq yesterday, where thousands of Shiites went to the streets and were shouting Death to America and Death to Israel over and over? Now these are the same people who were given the right to protest by the very country they wish death to.

this obviously worked for Hitler and Stalin

exactly, so pretty much the world is fucked...

It would permanantley stop ultra-progressives from ruining America. They have little value from their existence, so they must be stopped from spreading their hateful, Anti-American agendas while Reactionaries and Far-Right Conservatives make the necessary changes to prevent further Liberalization of the American state, while also undoing the damage the Liberals have done.

lol typical Stimpy

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information