I am a high school senior and going to graduate in, like, 7 weeks. My grades aren't that good but I know I can get the few classes I'm failing up high enough to pass, because I've done it before. Family life just got crowded recently (five of us in a three bedroom apartment. ugh.) and I think that might be part of the problem but, lately, I simply haven't wanted to go to sleep because when I wake up I have to go back to school and the whole thing just starts over again. I don't even feel like I can talk to my Mom about it because I don't even know what I'm feeling. And I can talk to my Mom about *everything*. It is almost 1:00 and my alarms will go off in six hours. I know I'm going to be tired in the morning, and I'm tired now, I just don't want to go to sleep. At all. Ever.
A few days ago my Mom, two of my brothers and I were all cleaning the house and I was all happy and cooperative because I had some friends coming over. But halfway through I suddenly got really moody and didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. I was like that until my friends got here and then I was fine.
Also, I haven't felt connected to reality, like I'm just floating through everything and it's been hard to stay focused long enough to make decisions.
I'm at my best when I'm babysitting, like the kids lift me up, but I only do that once a week and only for a couple hours.
So is it just typical mood swings or am I slipping into depression and need to talk to someone? Please respond because I'm getting really annoyed at myself for it. Serious answers only, please?
Thank You.
Thanks, Brainy. That's nice, telling me it's not normal and giving me nothing else helpful aside from your e-mail address.