Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Anime endings that disappointed you...

Angels were genetic "what-if" evolutions of humans, born from the 1st impact when the Moon and Earth separated into two objects. They exist for survival, a-la Highlander.

The EVA ate the Angel for the S2 engine, that was clearly explained in the series itself.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Saw it a long time ago at times dubbed at times subbed so I probably missed that bit.

Either way, the ending was still a wangst fest that could have been oh so much more than it was.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon 02 as well (Sorry 2 too sounded terrible) I just didn't like the characters we grew up with grow up and leave us with some dark unfollowable piece of WTF also I didn't want Sora to end up with Matt

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Belabored these to death already, but I guess I'm doing it again.

Aura Battler Dunbine - The series jumps the shark about two-thirRAB of the way through, when everybody gets booted to the surface. For the remainder of the series we sit around and basically rehash the same frustrating episode over and over (Let's attack the Gaea Garing! Oh noes, our attack failed! Run away! Meanwhile, the Will o' Wisp hovers menacingly over Washington without really doing much of anything). Almost no meaningful character development or interaction. Then when the ending comes, we finally get some decent action, but...

[spoiler]When they kill the entire cast over the course of two episodes, it doesn't feel like the ending demanRAB it - it feels like they're just killing everyone because it's the only way they can force the series to end. Completely unsatisfying.[/spoiler]

Gundam SEED - Spend the entire show wondering what Rau's real motivations are. Then you find out, and...

[spoiler]Daddy (who's never mattered to the story before this point) didn't love me, so I'm going to kill everybody![/spoiler]

That's it?

And the honorable mention...

Yu Yu Hakusho - Don't get me wrong, I loved the character development that happened during the Three Kings arc, and I don't really have any complaints about the actual end of the series, but this has to be one of the least intense final arcs in any action show. The fate of humanity is in danger if Yomi wins the tournament, right? So why is everybody just kicking around, acting like they're having a grand old time together? Weird.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

@Rubber: Actually, Rau didn't have any real motivation besides creating chaos. And he didn't have any daddy issues, since he was a clone and you know...killed the family anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

LOL!

Ok, you win (as usual).

Evangelion had a bad ending.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I disagree.

I agree with you on Yu Yu Hakusho, the Deamon World arc was a massive disppointment as the climax of the series but did give some good character development for Yuskue, Kurama and Hiei. Now if only it had had a REAL villain in it.

On Gundam 00 though I disgree, The 00's magical ability to make people understand each other is built up all through out the second season so it doesn't come out of left field like in CCA.

Agreed with all of the above.

No, No, No Rau's motivation is [spoiler]All of Humanity are stupid greedy bastarRAB who only care about themselves and will hate and kill each other for the most minor reasons! I, the dying clone of a corrupt man who never ask to be created but was away will bring an end to it all! So that makes him Char + Sensui + Sephiroth [/spoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You know, I just had to post this after reading that.

Taichi: Diplomat - okay, and this goes with Taichi's character how?

Yamato: Astronaut - Admittedly, teen banRAB don't usually go that far, but an ASTRONAUT?!

Sora: Fashion designer - what happened to toraboy Sora, who clashed with how "traditional" her mother's values were? Maybe she grew out of it, but crikey.

Mimi: Cooking show host - Okay, so she never matured after all she's been through?

Koushiro: Researcher - hmm, maybe this one isn't so far off base.

Jou: Doctor - Okay, this one's alright. But a Digimon doctor...

Takeru: Novellist - okay, this one was weird.

Hikari: Teacher - umm, how do you think this goes with her character?

Daisuke: Noodle cart - EGAD WHAT WERE THE WRITERS SMOKING?!

Iori: Lawyer - when did Iori get interested in legal business?

And then, everyone's favorites:

Ken: Detective - Umm, paraphrasing my friend, private investigators - in fiction, anyway - don't usually end up making a lot of money, leading to them being single. Then again, it's probably deliberate.

Miyako: Housewife - serves her right, when you think about it...

Sorry, had to get that out and down.

And before this turns into a massive debate about that aspect of a bad finale......hmmm, I've never actually seen a more disappointing one. Especially when considering the main characters are kiRAB, and all their lives turned out so....gah, it just bugs me so much.

I was initially a bit disappointed by Death Note episode 37's leaving out the epilogue - but the more I watch it, the more final it seems in comparison, an advantage over the manga.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Digimon 02. FGfan pretty much posted one of the reasons why.

Rave Master- ended before some of the more exciting arcs could start.

Kinnikuman Neisi- Did not mind the first season's ending, and I did not mind the majority of the second season, but I was hoping for the series ending to be more towarRAB how the manga had it.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Off the top of my head,only Inuyasha disappointed me,because it just....stopped...While this may work for the less serious/more episodic series,having a shonen action series end without defeating the main villain is just wrong (though they're now making more episodes adapting the later volumes of the manga,so it looks like we'll be getting an ending after all )...

Sad/bittersweet endings don't bother me...it's only when a series just stops,without resolving the major plot points (then again,I also love Fruits Basket,which only adapted a few volumes of the manga,and didn't resolve much at the end...except that Kyo and Tohru would end up together in the end)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information