Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Honda keeps shaking and giving out stalling?

My car keeps stalling whenever i stop at a sign or light. this is what happens when i turn my car on my idle speed is ok, but as the car runs for 30 minutes or when it gets hot it seems the idle speed drops, drops to the point whenever i let go of the pedal the car shakes and sometimes stalls?? another way it shuts off is when im accelerating and i push on the accelerator but the car doesnt accelerate and then i let go of the pedal and then it shuts off? the engine also makes this clicking noise whenever i push on the pedal?? is it a problem before it didnt make a clicking noise..170,000 miles on it.. thought it was a fuel problem but if it was the car wouldnt even start... throttle sensor? but thats a physical problem, seems like theres something thats over heating but the temperature is alrt it says on my spedometer.
    just got air intake sensor replaced and TDC sensor replaced, and replaced the spark plugs?? it was good for about 1 month and its doing the same thing

Shutting off / stalling sounds like your idle is too low, easy fix. But the clicking, knocking could be many things. Have you changed your oil, is it old or too thin, sometimes it will make a clicking sound, (rockers or valves).

The timing belt may of slipped and it is out of time, (even the book says to replace it every 80,000 miles). That is common and not too hard if you have any mechanical knowledge. that would also make it shake.

Maybe your harmonic balancer is broken, (or balance bars are out of balance or broken belt).

Try the idle first. Then check the timing marks with #1 cyl at TDC. If not those then it may be a bigger job.

Go to a friendly shop, have them put on the tester, maybe that will tell you. Some auto stores will do that for free.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information