...texts on her cell phone? my 11 yr old daughter took my cell phone to school, they have no rules about cell phones. She wasn't using the phone but it fell out of her pocket and made noise so the teacher took it to the office. This is the second time the principle has taken a phone from my daughter, and read her texts. This time he refused to give it back I unless I went to the school or wrote a note. The next day I wrote the note. That morning she was told that he had been reading the messages, that he was going to continue to read the messages, and that she wouldn't get her phone back until after school. She told him that it was an invasion of privacy for him to be reading her texts. She turned to walk away at this point he grabbed her wrist and pulled her back towards him and said "it isn't really an invasion of privacy reading your texts and if your mom has a problem with me and this school then she can come and talk to me herself" The whole time he was yelling and pointing his finger into my daughters face. When she went after school he was gone and had told the other office workers to not give my child her phone even though I had written the note just like he had wanted. He still has my phone after 2 days with all of my contacts, appointments, and pictures!!!