Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AndyWhiteBoy

Old Receiver has lost subscription

I recently brought back an old receiver from storage and hooked it up to a newly installed dish at my cottage. Everything works but I can't view any channels. I'm getting a message about no subscription.

How does one resolve this?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Contact Bell and they can sort it out.

Ex Agent EV

You will have to call Bell Express Vu and se a flip flop option since you are using receiver both at the cottage AND home...both locations can not be active at the same time

When you're at the cottage call 1-866-395-9994
    They will ask you to go to MENU 6-1-1 to make sure that you, first of, get signal. Then they will ask you to press CANCEL once, then 3. This will bring the system info on screen. They will ask you the receiver number, and if any other receivers will be used at the secondary location.

They will then deactivate all reeivers that are at home, and when you will leave the secondary residence you will have to call them for them to deactivate the cottage and activate the home.

Leaf Fan

I would recommend reading other stories on the "cottage" policy
    This system creates headaches for people, so it may be easier, in the long run, to activate it at home, and not mention your cottage. As long you aren't watching Bell at both locations of course

AFF

Go online to your acct and resync your programming. Takes about 5 mins for the channels to come back.

J in KW

x2. I dusted off an old 2700 I hadn't used in a while and did this. No hassles, no CSR necessary, it's all good.

ken0042

The other option is to leave it hooked up and be patient. As long as it has the blueish-purple card with the yellow arrow eventually the channels will come back. You receiver "leases" its subscription to channels, and every so often it will refresh your list.

Last time I saw a receiver pulled out of storage it seemed to take about a grand total of an hour for all the channels to come back.

visiter555

If it still an active receiver on your account, you can simply go online to Bell and loging to your account and have the receiver "hit" to update it with your sub channels authorization.

If it is not listed as an active receiver you basically have to call them OR go back to the login and "add" the receiver to your account and if it lets you it will automatically "hit" the receiver with the authorization.

Simple as pie...

Ex Agent EV

Rule applies for all other location than home (Includes camping site, VCR, boat, shack, ect...)...

If you call 1-866-395-9994 to change the active location it only take a few seconds plus maybe a few minutes of wait time

The active location could be switched at anytime, and as many time as you wish during the course of the month

The thing you mention about the 30 days is when you place an account on TPS (temporary programming suspension)...it needs to be active for 30 days before you can place it in TPS again

DEV666

I used the online "synchronize your programming" last night. Only a couple clicks of the mouse and my programming was back in a min or two.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information