AM VERY STRESSED OVER THIS!!? Hey everyone,
sorry if my question sounds rude/too desperate. I am having panic attacks and every night I can't go to sleep. My mom is already suggested counseling! I can't sleep and I am very worried because I am going to get a bad grade on a very important essay. ( Well, two actually!)

There are two question I need to answer from the book tangerine. the first is

1)Paul's subdivision was built on a foundation of termite-infested ground, next to a field that constantly burns muck fires, near a school that is built on land that becomes a sinkhole. In what ways is the setting of the town of Tangerine a metaphor for Paul's life? What is it that eats away at Paul's foundation? What fire burns constantly in Paul's life? What is it in Paul's life that collapses just as the ground collapses into a sinkhole?

**FOR QUESTION ONE, IT IS KIND OF LIKE 3 QUESTIONS -What is it that eats away at Paul's foundation? What fire burns constantly in Paul's life? What is it in Paul's life that collapses just as the ground collapses into a sinkhole?

HOWEVER I HAVE ONLY THOUGHT OF ONE. I NEED THE ANSWERS FOR THE OTHER TWO. THE ONE I THOUGHT OF IS THAT FOR THE ONE THAT EATS AWAY AT PAUL'S FOUNDATION I THOUGHT OF THAT PAUL'S DAD LOVES ERIK BECAUSE HE IS A FOOTBALL STAR, AND HE IGNORES THE PAUL FISHER SOCCER DREAM TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE ERIK FISHER FOOTBALL DREAM. AND ALSO HOW NOONE KNOWS THAT ERIK IS A BAD PERSON ( EX: HE PUNCHED TINO, HE MADE FUN OF MIKE COSTELLO'S DEATH, HE SPRAYED PAINT IN PAUL'S EYES)

SO FOR THE FIRST QUESTION I NEED HELP FINDING ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS - What fire burns constantly in Paul's life? What is it in Paul's life that collapses just as the ground collapses into a sinkhole?

then the second question is

2) Do you feel hopeful for Paul at the end of the book?. Give 3 reasons why.

So the obvious reason I already thought of is that he stood up to Erik and gets over his fear for Erik too, and becomes an independent person. I still need two more reasons for this question though.

*** please don't post links to study guides online, etc. They won't help. Just directly answer the questions i asked. And also kindly take the time to read the whole question. In addition, please no rude/harsh comments. I am not in the state to take crititism. Again, truly take my apologies if this question seems rude/desperate. I am stressing over this though.

Thank you in advance to everyone who answers, I will pick best answer, and please give detailed answers! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

XOXOXOXOXOXO