Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hailz

How can i stop my puppy from whining when i leave?

My puppy is 9 weeks old and when ever we leave the house he cries constantly. we only leave for school and any other time i take him with me. i need tips on how to keep him from whining. He also whines when we leave a room with out him. Please help!

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Stephanie G
    get another dog mabey a stufed animal will work or you could get a dog walker or take him to doggie day camp and he would get to learn and meet ather dogs

Powered by Yahoo Answers

hellosunshine_hb
    Seperation anxiety... flattering for humans, but not good for dogs. He needs to learn that he can still have fun when you are not around. Don't nurture his fears by saying "good boy, its okay" when he cries, you need to ignore him. Leave him "surprises" in his space, for him to find when you're gone, by hiding treats and other goodies in his toys. Make sure he's got lots of balls and chew toys to play with too.

9 weeks is pretty young, to be left home all day. Can you (or someone else) get home on the lunch break to let the pup out to relieve himself and get some exercise (a short walk?). That's what I still do with my pup, and he's 16 weeks. A good walk in the morning, and one at lunch time, will wear him out so he'll sleep a lot of the time that you're gone.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

dark wite of the undead skeloton
    dark wite of the undead skeloton's Avatar
    aw cute little puppy needs snaks when you leave
    me dark wite of the undead skeloton any jerks i'll deal w\

any body got a question for me post it on yahoo answers

Powered by Yahoo Answers

eyelash02
    he's just a baby - and a very social animal.
    but i used to leave a ticking clock - wit my pup
    or even turn a radio on.
    the voice - and constant talking and sound should help some...

Powered by Yahoo Answers

Jasmine Goindi
    Kick it out and get a new one. I did that. it was better!

Powered by Yahoo Answers

MonkeyGal
    try leaving a radeo or tv on so that he will think there is someone home. my grandma does that with her cats and dog.

Powered by Yahoo Answers

decbaby8303
    well when your at home he should stay with you at all times, just to hopefully prevent accidents. otherwise, when you leave, just make sure you put him in his crate, don't say anything to him, don't make eye contact and then leave. he'll get over it eventually. my puppy did it for a while, over time they calm down, once they realize you come back everytime. it will be ok.