Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Original Air Date Info Missing

I've recently noticed that the original air date info is shown as N/A for many new prime time episodes (e.g. tonight's Criminal Minds). The episode numbers are still listed and appear to be correct. I'm guessing this may have something to do with the networks juggling their schedules due to the writers strike.

I haven't seen this mentioned in any other threads. Has anyone noticed how long this has been going on?

i hate tv

I noticed this a LONG time ago, when the wife insisted of setting the PVR to record EVERY episode of The Hills
    It is a simple solution, but I guess not to simple to fix
    I notice speeling errors quite frequently on their EPG too, so I guess the EPG info isn't too important
    I don't know what other providers are like, maybe some people from Rogers, Starchoice, Videotron, etc can tell us is their guide is any different. Maybe it isn't Bells fault, although I think that in 2007, it wouldn't be too difficult to have this info available...

jwt873

Yes, there are some serious issues with Bell's program guide. Until they address them, some of the really good program recording functions in receivers like the 92xx will be of limited use. I've stopped using 'record new' episodes.

It's hard to blame Bell outright, because like i hate tv says.. The fault could lie with whoever provides the guide info to Bell

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Either I'm losing my mind or BEV is playing with the guide on the fly. When I started this thread the Criminal Minds episode at 9:00 on CBSHE said Episode 65 and had N/A for Original Air Date. Since last week was episode 64 I figured tonights episode would be a new one. Now the guide says Episode 59 and 10-31-07 for Original Air Date. WTF?

Nimiq 1

A neighbor just got the 9242 and wanted to record "All New" episodes of Torchwood in HD, he set the Timer and walked away.

After 4 weeks he still had no episodes recorded, after a call to Express Vu they explained that these Episodes had been shown before, so these are NOT NEW episodes.....How insane is this, I would have expected the 9242 to record them if they did not exist on the drive, this is, according to Express Vu NOT the case.

So imagine they show a series again from 3 years ago, you cannot use "Record All New".

This can't be correct, can it.?

I record Top Gear every week, have it set for "All New" and get 5 or 6 recordings of the same show, as there is never an original air date.

dosborne

EV can only be partly blamed for this. The information comes form a thrid party. It is worse at the moment as the networks are in holliday mode and shows are reruns. The writers strike will likely also have an impact.

The descriptions are generic and the actual episode desc and air date are not provided because basically any old episode could be inserted.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information