Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Switch problem?

Doome 007

Switch problem?

Recently tried to use two different sw24 switches purchased of ebay seperately,different makes[perfect vision,ROC]so I could run a third receiver.One dish feed goes directly to my new 5900 and I wanted to split the other between a 2700 and a 3100.Dish was installed by Bell and I receive a strong signal.Problem arises[either switch] when I install the switch according to directions to the feed that runs between the 3100 and 2700,I get intermittent channels many times with error message coming up saying satellite signal is temporarily unavailiable.This never happens when just hooked up directly to one receiver, both switches advertise low signal loss and Bell compatiable.I have about 40-50' of RG6 cable running to one and about 6' to the other.Any ideas or do I have to cough up the $75. plus tx for the Bell switch. Thanks Jay

Nimiq 1

Switch problem?

If I am reading your post correctly, you are trying to split just one line.....

This cannot be done.

You need to have both inputs in the SW42 that will then give you 4 outputs.

Two lines from LNBF to Switch, 4 outputs, each can feed a seperate Tuner.

Doome 007

Switch problem?

Thanks Nimiq1 I didn't know that.What do they make the sw24 switches for then?Could I take the two feeds from the dish and plug them into the sw24 then run it to my two receivers upstairs where the 2700&3100 are,then also run one going to my 5900 in my rec room downstairs?
    Thanks Jay

ROC
    Brand New SW24 Multi-Switch

Allows you to receive signals from one satellite connecting up to 4 receivers.

Works for all satellite system, e.g. Dish Network, Bell ExpressVu system, DirecTV, and StarChoice, etc.

No power supply is required as the IRD's voltage is passed to the desired LNB.

Zinc die-cast and chrome treated outer shell.

Multi-switch with the lowest Insertion loss: only 2dB.

If you need Diplexer or SW44 multi-switch, please visit our store.

Note: make sure to power off your receiver before connecting the switch to prevent static damage to your equipments.

Nimiq 1

Switch problem?

By saying One Satellite, they are referring to one Orbital location, you always need 2 lines from the LNBF to the Switch with the current Legacy System used by Express Vu.

Like this.

That is Exactly correct.

It will then also give you a spare output for future growth.....

Doome 007

Switch problem?

Thanks very much Nimq 1 I'll give that a try,I was just trying to split the one feed,so this makes sense it needs both plugged into the switch.I thought each was a seperate feed.Switch did feel warm to the touch when hooked up the other way though is this normal? Thanks Jay

Nimiq 1

Switch problem?

Yes, should be no heat generated at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information