I am 16 and I get very very moody on my period. I just started another cycle yesterday. And last night, while crying, thinking I was a horrible person and friend and didn't deserve the friends I have, or even my parents... Like my mom wasted her blood by having me. Like ppl waste their time with me. I noticed that this is usually around the time of my period. And very often at night or in the evening. I am happy during the day, but during my period at night, I just get so depressed. Is this normal?

It wasn't always like this. But its gotten so bad that for the last year or so, I get suicidal on my period. I start thinking I don't belong here, I waste ppls time. I'm worthless. I'm just...nothing and have never accomplished anything, and never will. I've cut before and even times when I'm not on my period. That scares me the most. Half of this I think is also from my mother. I do bad things, yes. I am a teen, I will make mistakes. But she blows them out of proportion, according to my friends. Sometimes I think I deserve everything she tells me and does to me... Name calling? Hah! That's every single time she argues with me. Heifer, B***h, ungrateful heifer, nasty piece of s***, and most of the time she combines like, all of those. At first, I didn't believe it. But when you hear it as often as I do, its hard to make yourself believe that you're not those things. Its mostly just emotional abuse. But rarely has it ever been physical. She's only hit me twice.

But my point is, while dealing with this, on my period I get suicidal. Because of my mom and just because I get so depressed on my period. I know that I need to talk to someone about this other than random people on the internet I don't know. I'm just wondering if its normal to have suicidal thoughts on your period. And if its normal to have these kinds of mood swings.