Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Cherry C

Should I have my son discuss his bedwetting with the Rabbi or is bedwetting

strictly a medical issue? My 10 year old son wets almost every night. The doctor says he should grow out of it; it's just the way his body is growing. So all my son can do is wear underjams to manage the problem. I'm wondering if I should ask the rabbi to speak to my son. Maybe there are spiritual aspects to this as well. If there aren't, of course, we don't want to let another person in on this, as my son is very embarrassed by it.

Tag23
    When I was his age I had the same problem I was a sound sleeper and grew out of it. Nothing to do with any spiritual thing, I guarantee talking to the Rabbi will only cause more embarrassment for your son and it could cause a bonding issue between you and your son it's a family issue between you and your doctor. Leave it there. Believe me I know what I'm talking about This and other issues between me and my father and after a while i hated his guts. I have two boys and and said I would never treat them that way and I haven't one is a straight A student on the dean's list and have no troblem what so ever the other boy was unlucky and inherited a mental illness but with plenty of love and therapy he been stablefor the past 5 years. I beg you for your sons sake don't do it.

Lardawg
    Bed wetting is a physical and some times a mental health thing. Not a Religious thing. Try doing the sensible thing and take your child to a Doctor. He is ashamed and embarrassed enough and ONLY TEN.

Linda G
    I smell a troll here.
    You have asked similar question 11 times and the only thing that changes is your son's age. He has been 5 and 9 and 10 and a teenager. The weirdest question was if he could get away with it in military boot camp.
    What's the hidden agenda here?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask your doctor to prescribe DDAVP. It is a nose spray (or you can get the pill form) It's a synthetic hormone that the body produces for when you sleep at night to hold it. I used it on my daughter and it worked so well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ask your doctor to prescribe DDAVP. It is a nose spray (or you can get the pill form) It's a synthetic hormone that the body produces for when you sleep at night to hold it. I used it on my daughter and it worked so well.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information