Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Verizon internet plan confusion

I'm looking to get a new phone from Verizon, probably one of the new enV phones coming out soon. My problem is I am getting conflicting answers from Verizon on their internet service. The person I spoke to at the call center tells me that I can get full unlimited internet service for the $15 price. The sales person at the verizon store told me that only the Blackberyy plan ($30 a month) will get full internet and that the $15 plan will not load most of the web pages I need for work, such as metrolistmls.com. Does anyone out there have the $15 a month plan and can you get true internet viewing? Can this site be loaded? Thanks for the help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

If I remember correctly it's the browser on the phone that determines whether you get full internet or rather whether pages load correctly and the two upcoming enV phones both have a full HTML browser. I have seen video with the enV Touch and it does indeed go to the real internet. I hope that helps.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

That helps alot. Thanks

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here's the specifics:

$15 per month data plan (V CAST V-Pack):

• Unlimited use of internet services
    • Access to the V CAST Video service, for free (additional fees may exist)
    • Unlimited Get it Now/Media Center use

$30 per month data plan:

• Includes unlimited data of almost any kind
    • Email

The $30 data plan is a mandatory plan for all new PDA/Smartphones. Standard enhanced devices, such as the enV Touch, cannot use the $30 per month plan. These devices can only use the $15 per month one.

Like the other poster stated, the phone determines what kind of internet can be pulled up.

I can tell you; however, that the best HTML browser devices will not give you an experience like the worst Blackberry or PDA. If you use your phone for work and need a lot of websites and you want them fast and clear, you may want a Blackberry or PDA. A standard enhanced HTML device is more like a band-aid until you can get to your computer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Nick, I'm not sure what the "get it now" or "media center" are and can do. But you say that the $30 a month plan has email, does the $15 plan? I would assume that if you have internet access you would have access to yahoo email. I knew the smartphones needed the $30 plan, but the salesperson at the Verizon store told me I could use either plan for the basic phones. I always get bad service/info. when I go into any of there stores. As far as my work needs, I basically need it for info. when I can't get to my computer to pull up info. on houses when I'm out showing clients. Or to keep me from being board, lol. Thanks again, you have been a lot of help.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Get it now/media center is a service on Verizon phones to download things like games, navigator, etc.

Email from the internet is included with any data plan...this would be like Yahoo! email. The other email is an actual downloaded app on the phone for smartphones.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

To add to what Nick said, all HTML browser are not equal. HTML browsers on the enV Touch, for example, while good, tend not to be as feature rich as the browsers on the some smartphones, such as Opera Mini. As to e-mail, the Blackberry is arguable the best device for retrieving and send e-mail. In fact, if cost isn't a huge factor, a Blackberry device, such as the upcoming Tour, will give you a much better web and e-mail experience than most phones out there. On side not, I use BeeJive IM on my Blackberry. It is an IM program which allows you to use all the IM programs simulateously. It has a sleek and easy to use UI. Simply put, depending on what you're willing to pay, a Blackberry might be your best bet.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information