Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

T3 App Slip/Status Bar Update Version?

I noticed on the AGendus 8.06 upgrade there were the usual files for appslip/status bar but DATED Sept 17th. I compared sizes without overlaying the versions I have, and Status bar came out 58k instead of 57.

Does anyone know if these have been updated? Installing requires reset and I'd rather leave what I have unless there's newer version.

Version 1, of course, is in ROM and can't be "spratted." too bad.

If Moose's T5 possible find are true, there's another reason to buy it . . . appsliprotate/status bar will be included and CORRECT, as should have been done with the T3. Little things like that would make me tend toward buying it. Just neater, you know?

Anyway, please advise if there's an update you've heard of. Version I have in RAM (later one) is Ver 1.1.

Are you sure that these aren't from Sept 17th 2003? I thought that was the original date for the T3 slip apps? But since I'm travelling and T3 isn't can't check.

To the best of my knowledge these were not updated by P1 and they are proprietary to Palm so I doubt Iambic would violate copywrite stuff.....maybe just a date slip due to bundling within the app off of a PC but Agendus 8.06 wasn't posted yesterday so it must just be a date error.

Paul, the app slip apps are last year's and I wouldn't worry about the size difference (that's what she said). The both were dated 9/17/2003 and I did not think that they had been updated.

You must have been "wishful" that P1 had done something special prior to the release of the T5.

I'm going out on a limb and will state that besides the T5, I think P1 will release something else with Cobalt before year end and I'm not necessarily talking about a Treo or other smartphone.

I'm reading between the lines at some of my favorite sites and I think these "beta" testers and reviewers that P1 now uses are hinting without violating an non-disclosures.

So, okay . . . like . . . . 2003 was L A S T year, right? I'll try and learn that "2004" thing but 8.06 DID IN FACT come up yesterday. I'm surprised you didn't hear my hollaring all the way up there from down here!! Talk about "wahoo."

Just checked. It's 9/17/03. Ok. Dunce Cap firmly in place. I've gotta stop mixing the RockStar energy drinks with a couple of good inhaled cigars . . . .

The difference of the 1k is a statusbar/lib 1k file that would add 1k to the 57. Ironically the old one (ROM) was 64 or 69k - so upgrade was smaller, too.

I went to the trouble of doing TomCatalog "StatusBar" screenshots of files associated with that creator ID, which I might post below (haven't imported to the PC yet) - but it's moot.

You're right, and thanks - almost took the plunge but those two are tricky and for me at least, involve more than a simple "reset" forced or otherwise, after hotsync. So I'll stick with what I have.

Can't believe I misread the damn year. Mas cafe?
    Thank you sir.

Here's the creator ID listing for everyone's edification; the one hilited in Teal (WHAT ELSE!!!) is the "upgrade" we all got. The other files are related including the largest one in ROM, which was the original.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information