Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Why aren't women's sports taken as seriously as men's?

i watched the mens wimbledon final today and it was boring!!!! the womens final had me on the edge of my seat, so why more TV coverage for the mens game?? sexism??
    Did you enjoy it then Theo ;-D

Definitely sexism.
    I hate it.

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My ex father in law was a tennis pro and a huge fan. He always deliberately bought tickets for the women's finals in grand slams and not men's. He found that in tennis, all the men do is ace each other at high speed, which is fairly boring after a while, and that the women had much more volleying, which is the more interesting thing to watch in tennis.

I live in Connecticut, in the U.S., and the University of Connecticut women's basketball team are hugely followed here by both women and men. My Dad never misses a game on TV.

Tina: Women also hold the world records for deep free-diving (diving without oxygen to depths up to nearly 500 feet).

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    well i really love to watch the girls play. but you gotta agree that the girls kinda got it locked down . it is either venus or serina, right?
    we take them very seriously and they make for good viewing. if you wanted to watch 2 sport games and could only view 1. if you had to choose then you will choose the one that is unpredictable. the one that you know the outcome of will not be viewed . you would catch that one on the news.

Newbie - NLP

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will be honest

Generally the female versions are simply not as entertaining as the male version. Although i enjoyed watching both guys and girl in olympics.

Its not sexist for people to watch more of what they enjoy, sometimes people throw the word 'sexist' around when they dont like something whether it actually is or not.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Men like to watch other men beat the cr@p out of each other. Hockey and Football would not be as entertaining to watch since women are less opt to get in a real killer fight.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that will probably change (already is) as time goes on. The media knows that men just want to watch women's bodies in action.

It's awesome that you were into the women's tennis tourney because of the thrill of the action, by the way.

I still think that we're going to see women pushing the strength and endurance levels of the female gender more and more in the future. Women have already set the record for cold water ocean swimming, better than men.

Well I don't know about all sports, but I heard in the WNBA women aren't even allowed to dunk. What's up with that? If you can't dunk why watch basketball?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Only perverts watch women's sports

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information