Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whats wrong with my honda?

Okay so I have a 1993 Honda Accord LX Automatic. It will not start anymore. I turn the key in the ignition and it sounds like it wants to start but it just won't. It doesn't make any sort of clicking sound, it just wont start. We tested the battery and the spark plugs and they are fine. We also bought a new coil and it still won't start. My dad checked the fuel pump and it's fine too. It makes the sound like it wants to start when i turn the key but it just wont start. The other thing i haven't tried but my friend thinks i should try for it is to replace the ignition switch. What do you think? any suggestions?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The same thing happened with my 2002 Durango... I eventually gave up and had the shop look at it. They called me a few hours later and said they "charged" it and it started right up. While when I charged it nothing happened. What I think was the problem is that I was trying to start it while it was semi raining out and some of the components became wet. And it had dried off bout time I got it to the shop.

So I guess my advice would be to try the really stupid sounding stuff. It may eventually work. Or a new battery too

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Shoot some ether into the carburetor if it's carbureted or where the fuel is atomized if you have fuel injection. That will let you know if you're getting gas(fuel). If all you get is a clicking sound, that is the solenoid. If the engine is turning over, pull a spark plug wire and hold it close to the spark plug and see if you are getting spark. If you are getting spark, then it probably is a fuel problem. Good luck!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information