Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    trishgracechristian

When a father has the kids for a custody during the middle of the week....and

the kids have a sports event...? Does the parent who has that mid week custody have to take the children to sporting events on the day??? I need some legal help?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are things that contentious that it can't be handled through a simple conversation?

From the mom's perspective....the kid has an activity and if it's dad's night, then dad should take the kid. She drives the kid around the other 6 days a week.

From the dad's perspective...he only gets to see his kid once a week. He'd rather actually spend time with the kid than dropping him off at Cub scouts, little league, etc. and not spending any time with the kid that he loves...and misses. And it's annoying that the ex signed the kid up for all of these activities on the one and only night per week that he can spend time with his kid.

The fact of the matter is the dad has the choice of spending time with the kid or taking the kid to the activity.

Have a conversation with the ex and figure out a way to make it work...even if it means that he gets two nights this week with the kiddo....or spends Tuesday night instead.

Bring on the thumbs down!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Legally, it is the parent's time, and he or she is not obligated to attend. Ethically, it would be nice if they took the child to his or her team obligation.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The person who has the child that day is responsible for the day's activities

"HAVE" to? No. Sporting events are not required for life. Nutritious food, proper clothing, shelter and love are.

Though it would be beneficial and help with the harmony of this obviously crappy relationship of their biological parents these poor children have to endure.

imported_Elliot and Leo's mommy
    imported_Elliot and Leo's mommy's Avatar
    yes he is responsible to take them but not required to. I am going through the same thing and it is his time therefore it is his decision what he does with them. If he is not taking them somewhere you want them to go then maybe you should switch him days. Just choose your battles ya know it makes it easier on everyone involved. Good luck

imported_Elliot and Leo's mommy
    imported_Elliot and Leo's mommy's Avatar
    yes he is responsible to take them but not required to. I am going through the same thing and it is his time therefore it is his decision what he does with them. If he is not taking them somewhere you want them to go then maybe you should switch him days. Just choose your battles ya know it makes it easier on everyone involved. Good luck

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes he is responsible to take that child to the sports event,or what ever is planned for that day (birthday parties,doctors,whatever)And if he refuses take him back to court and have the judge remind him.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes .he should take them..i mean if is such a hard thing for him to do.see if he can have them on days when they don't have to go to the sporting event.what does it effect his work..or maybe his other things going on in life.what i have found out in life when some one don't want to give there time like that it is due to
    1.. the other woman or man
    2..the don't want to stop drinking or etc enough to do that
    3. they have no interest in what there child is doing

MK1985
    Well I don't know much about the legal aspect but if what you are asking is if while you have custody and your kids need to be somewhere, do you have to take them or should your ex show up and take them and then bring them back to you, then yah, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to take them yourself...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information