Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why is it that most teens like to express their feelings and discuss their porblems...

...over the internet...? ...instead of telling their parents or siblings?
    What could be a possible reason for this: insecurity, mistrust, chance of betrayal by a loved one, or simply the fear of not being 'understood' ?
    sorry; its 'Problems'*

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1) Strangers can't hurt you or be disappointed in you
    2) Close people love you and would be disappointed if there was a crazy problem you had to share
    3) People close to you hold you in high regard. Who wants to shatter their ideals?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because it is easier with people you don't know and will probably never meet. It is much harder for us to speak face to face because lots of our problems are really serious and some people's families and friends may not accept them. At least online, you hope no one you speak to knows anyone you know.
    It's hard to explain, but advice is easier to ask for online with people you don't know. And it doesn't matter if they hate you after, as you never knew them.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because it is easier with people you don't know and will probably never meet. It is much harder for us to speak face to face because lots of our problems are really serious and some people's families and friends may not accept them. At least online, you hope no one you speak to knows anyone you know.
    It's hard to explain, but advice is easier to ask for online with people you don't know. And it doesn't matter if they hate you after, as you never knew them.

i do that...
    i dont know why...i just feel embarrassed to talk about my feelings to someone face-face or even on the phone. i just...cant.

i feel more comfortable talking 2 a stranger because they dont know who i am, i most probably wont ever meet them...and they can't judge me...or think anything of me simply because they dont know me.

my parents didnt raise me and my brothers to shoe affection...they regret it so badly, but its only cause they dont know HOW to...and so i think thats why im like this....i think.
    =]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Because the internet is a network where you can't be hurt, nothing can go against you except words.

People from all over the WORLD can offer you solutions to your individual problem WITHOUT JUDGMENT.

For example-

I like to be "in style". I like fashion. I'm not gay, I find woman sexy and I don't get anything from a guy, but if I was to discuss this with friends/family they would assume I'm gay.

So I discuss fashion trends with people on the internet. I will never meet them, and they'll never meet me. And if we did meet, we would never know about it
    ~~~

It's just a "Safe" place where your free to discuss the more "Taboo" subjects in life without any consequences.

Strangers can't judge you.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes it's good to get an objective opinion from someone who is anonymous. It may also be useful to get a wider range of points of views on a situation which may differ from the norms of your own family set-up. When I was a teen my parents were a generation away and I felt they couldn't relate to what I was experiencing which was quite alien from their own life experiences. People who are external from the family with no emotional involvement can be a useful source of advice, as long as there are the loving supports of family and friends in place as well to support teens.

Scarrr
    Because no one is there to tell anyone else. You don't get embarrassed. You feel open to everything. People also help more

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's like talking to a diary that can talk back.
    They can't tell all your friends, and they can't spread it around your school.
    They can give you advice and be honest and you can be honest with them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information