Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Toon Zone Talkback - "Dragonball Z: Dragon Box 1" Your Wish Has Been Granted

Yeah, but still, its nothing big to me.
    But who cares, at least its out. Whats done is done. Some will buy it, others won't.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, they have said repeatedly that if it's Dragon Ball, they are interested in it. Period. I've attended industry panels where that's been said, along with comments about how DBZ "prints money." Do they want it? Damn right they do.

Geez, come to think of it, it was Katsucon 2009 when I heard em say that the orange bricks wouldn't be the last release of DBZ. That was probably a Dragon Box hint right there.

Mynd is completely correct about the merits of the Dragon Box, so I have nothing to add to that really...I do think the booklet is a cool extra, though.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Admittedly, this line irks me, as that is not the case.

[xspoiler=Mega large comparison picture][/xspoiler]

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So the booklet is the main appeal of the Dragon Box? Funny, I thought it was having the right to buy DBZ in an uncropped format and having it close to what the Japanese got with their DBox release. Also I agree with Mynd statement that this should have been a review on the difference between the Orange Bricks and the DBox, instead of it being devoted to one to two sentences.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well, I feel this set was worth it because being a DragonBall fan myself I was unsatisfied by the orange bricks. Cropping a 20+ year-old TV show I have fond memories of as a kid is a real turn-off.

The Sayain Saga was worth the $50 I payed for it. However, considering the higher prices for these DBoxes I may only purchase certain future sagas and not others.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's all about smart shopping, and by that I mean at RightStuf, where you can get both of the sets currently available for order for under fifty bucks.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll buy a Dragon Ball dragonbox if it comes out (and it will) but these DBZ dragonbaoxes and the Gt ones I wont get because if the only real extra is the Booklet than what's the point, since all i care about is the shows episodes anyway.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll keep a lookout. Thanks!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Actually, before this release Dragon Ball Z has never had a North American release with the proper opening and ending footage for each episode, as well as the next episode previews.

The multi-million dollar "You will never have this remastered footage" remastering done frame-by-frame by hand aside, of course.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm passing on the boxes. I was thinking about picking up #1 out of curiousity, but after all the money I have spent on DBZ over the years, and the fact that I recently finished watching the series via the season sets, I am happy with what I have and do not see a purpose to buy the series again until Kai is out on Blu-Ray. On the other hand, is the Jp audio an improvement? That was the only thing that truly bothered me in the season sets is that the audio was so bad in some episodes, whether it was full of drop outs, static noise, etc. Do these boxes fix them? If so, maybe I'll pick them up when they are on sale. I do know that at the Best Buy I work at, we have not sold a single Dragon Box since the day it came out.

BTW, the Funimation rep at NDK back in Sept said during his panel that they are in talks about being able to do Kai on both DVD and Blu-Ray at the same time.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information