Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    sc00ter

How to watch on two different TVs?

Hello,
    I'm sorry as this question has probably been asked a million times.
    I have a bell 3100 receiver and it runs through my main TV, and basically I want to be able to get the channels on another TV. I understand I can get a splitter (multiswitch) but then the other TV will have the same channels.
    If I need another receiver to be able to watch different channels then will I need an additional 'card'?
    Anyway, I hope you get what I'm trying to say, any help would be appreciated.

Ex Agent EV

To have different channels on both TV you have to either buy a second receiver or change your 3100 for a dual tuner (9242 or 9200)...

A 3100 or 4100 is 99$ you can self install it or call to get a tech to install it for 75$

You can also rent one... They will charge you a 50$ on a credit card, which would be refunded on your next Express Vu bill after you activated the receiver. Charges to rent a 3100 or 4100 is 3$/month. For a rental you need to have a professional installation at the cost of 75$

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

You could split the signal after it leaves the 3100 but you then get the same channels on both televisions so, if you changed the channel in the main room, the channel would also change in the other room.

Best to get a second receiver and each person can watch their own shows!

Nimiq 1

If you only have one receiver right now, then the chances are that the LNBF on the dish has a spare port, you can simply add another cable from there to the location of your second TV. A second receiver will be required, the base model 3100 or the newer 4100 are around $99 right now. Professional installation would be $75 if you buy or rent the receiver, Rental is $3 per month, minimum term is 1 year.

The option of adding a Dual Tuner receiver as suggested by Ex Agent also works but will involve quite a lot more work and cost. To buy will cost you $599 (approx) or an additional $20 per month to Rent. Again Installation works out as free, overall.

The work involved would entail, installation of a second LNBF (or complete new Dish), installation of an SW44 multi-switch behind the Dish and running a second line to the location of the receiver. Then another line would be run from this new receiver to your second TV, this would enable the second TV to watch independent channels as the 9200 / 9242 has 2 Tuners and is therefore like having 2 receivers in one box. Minimum rental is again 1 year.

If you intend to keep the 3100 and re-locate it to another room, that would cost you an extra $50 which would not be refunded.

All new receivers either have the card included with them or it is now a small chip on the inside of the receiver.

sc00ter

Thanks for your help guys

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information