Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Too many phones, too much stress :o)

I am looking for a new phone as I am giving my crappy motorola c650 to my sister. I am in the Houston, Texas area and will also be going to Austin for college and such later in the fall. I basically already have a plan as I am just adding an extra line to my existing service plan for T-mobile so any GSM enabled phone should be okay I think. So far all I've been looking through have been the T-mobile phones at mobiledia for q4 2005 and up. Then I started searching for non-provider specific phones that are GSM and the list gets pretty long and I need some help narrowing my choices down. Here is what I am looking for:

1. Must have expansion slot (microSD, miniSD, MMC, anything), for MP3s and videos.
    2. At least 1.3mp camera with decent day and night shots. Also it should have a decent video capture with sound and no time limits.
    3. Good overall phone specific performance (the usual)
    4. Less than $250. Cheaper is preferable.

Anyway, when I do a feature search, I get a good number of results, a lot of them PDA or smartphone, that definitely exceed my price range and I can't filter them out. So I need some suggestions. So far I have the samsung t609 on my list and a few others I've forgotten. The t609 sounds good but the battery life may be an issue for mp3 playback.

Wirelessly posted (Manson fan: SAMSUNG-SGH-T809/T809UVEJ9 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/6.2.3.3.c.1.101 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

You could look at a sony ericsson k750i

Motorola V635 is pretty good too. LG has the CU500 coming, but it'll be Cingular-only for a while, so you may need to find a way to unlock it.

any word on how much the CU500 will go for?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am guessing a good amount of money because its HSPDA. Plus it has man extras like a 1.3mp and Mp3 playback. I am guessing somewhere around 399.99+ I mean the D807 retail is that and its nothing close to as advanced as the Cu500.

The V3i is a great phone!!! I used it for a month (the second longest I have owned a cell phone. The most was my V3c at 2months) You can find them on ebay for around 200.00 shipped

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the sum of 36 and 12

Thread Information