A few weeks ago I changed the engine oil (5w-20 as usual) to my 2003 Civic EX and realized that I had waited way to long and only had a slight amount of oil left on the dipstick and none in the oil filter (YIKES!) when I unscrewed it! I noticed that there was some coolant splatter on the radiator hose, on the side of the battery holder, and fan blades. Also the coolant reservoir had coolant at the top ny the cap. The coolant level was very high in the reservoir. My engine compartment has the 'freeze smell but not as bad as that day of the late oil change. My oil does not have that notorious milky appearance of a blown head (whew!) but something is wrong. My coolant level is at the "max" level right now but I know that "somtin' ain't right" with my cooling system. I am not sure whether to admit the low oil situation to the vultures at the repair shop or not. I do not want to be treated like the old lady at the brake service joint who gets gigged. Car runs fine in every other aspect and heater and AC work fine.