I have had this pain for over a month. It started as a dull ache on my right side under my ribs with occasional sharp shooting pain. My dr. thought it could be my gall bladder. I've had an ultrasound, ct scan, hida scan and all are showing normal. In the past two days it has also moved to my left side. Same pain, same area, just on the left side. The sharp pains feel like someone is stabbing me either from the front to the back or from the back to the front. It always changes. When the shooting pain starts, it literally freezes me in my tracks for 30 seconds or so and then alleviates back to a dull constant ache. My dr. has me on vicodin, which completely got rid of the pain, but that's not even helping any longer. The pain woke me up this morning just shooting from the middle of my left back to the front right under my ribs. As the day has progressed it has moved back to the right side. When this first started (about a month ago), they did blood work which showed microscopic blood in my urine and very slightly elevated white blood count. About a week after it started i was in the ER, the pain was so bad my BP was 184/112, I'm only 32 years old. Has anyone had an experience like this? So far my dr has eliminated kidney, liver, gall bladder and appendix. I don't know what else to do. The pain is getting worse and seems to be "spreading". They did find a lump on my left lung during the ct scan, but they seem to not be worried about it, as when they did the scan the pain was isolated to the right side.
There is no pain when I urinate and the CT scan did not show any stones.