Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does Dragonball Kai make going back to DBZ difficult?

One reason DB Kai is so great is it fixes all the pacing problems of DBZ and removes some of the bad or unnecessary filler. For those who are watching DB Kai, do you think you could ever go back to watch DBZ?

I admit that I miss some of the filler stories, specifically some of the Saiyan training eps, some of the eps where Goku is training on his ship, I miss Goku falling off Snake Way, and I'm going to miss the Pikkon Tournament from the Buu saga, but otherwise I think I will stick with Kai.

The best thing is if I DO like the filler, I can stick with kai for the main story and then watch select eps of DBZ to rewatch the filler episodes I liked. Is anyone else like this?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

So far, is hasn't been too hard. Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Kai are really totally different beasts. With FUnimation putting out the Dragon Box I'll probably be rewatching the whole second series via that, and with the acting and music different enough, it'll be worth it. Dragon Ball Kai, as a speedier and modern adaptation of the original story, has it's own charms, so even though I own nearly the entire comic, have read it a dozen times, and have seen most of the four anime...I'm still pretty excited for each new episode each week.

Next week is episode 31 of Dragon Ball Kai, and Gok

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

To be honest, yes. I will go back watching DBZ again.
    I'll say that DBKai did improve many things. Taking out stuff that was pointless and making the pacing way better.
    But, I really can't handle the new BGM's. And some of the new animation really killed it for me. I think EP:16 in DBKai is a good example.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

...Well, I think Dragonball Kai, as a whole, is a superior series to Dragonball Z. However, several of the major events were handled SO much better in DBZ. I mean, just try and watch Goku and Vegeta's beam-struggle in DBZ episode 31 and compare it to its equivalent scene in Kai. The original is WAY more intense, mostly due to the epic soundtrack. I also seriously doubt that DBK can match Gohan's utterly amazing transformation-scene in the Cell-games, or pull off Goku's victory over Majin Buu as well as Z did. But that's the thing; I think DBZ has some great MOMENTS, while the quality of Kai is a lot more consistent; Good, but not fantastic. Due to that, I suppose I can still go back to DBZ, but if I were to rewatch either Z or Kai, I'd probably go with Kai.

Kai, easily. I absolutely despise filler, especially in the Dragonball series, so it's nice to see the majority of it cut out. Plus, I love Kai's soundtrack. It retains the feel of Kikuchi's score while still having a modern sound to it that I really enjoy.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

To tell you the truth I kinda hate kai for these reason...
    -Going Faster than the manga
    - censoring important scenes
    -I miss the old score
    - the voice actor's sound too old

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I see no reason to 'hate' Dragon Ball Kai when the original animated adaption is available, as well as the comic. It's the few edits made (primarily nudity and bird flipping) are a bit dissapointing, but sense it doesn't replace DBZ and pretty much markets itself as a different entity all in itself, I'm not really driven mad by them (there's a joke in there for you guys--you know who you are--just 'cause I love yas), either.

I'm also glad to see Nozawa return and reading the latest interview with her on the Blu-Ray box set was incredible fun. I love how she comments on having done Gok

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Uh...how? I mean, it's not like Inuyasha: Final Act where I can actually feel it going faster. I never really got that feeling with Kai

If we're talking about blood....well, I guess that is quite weird but that was like only three times.Can't argue with that

No, they sound like they fit to the character. The dub sounRAB too young is what it is.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Haven't watched it yet, but I will when I get a chance. I'd say the only downside is getting rid of a filler episode that actually tells a fun story (Goku and Piccolo trying to pass a driving test, and the two appearances of Mercenary Tao) as opposed to the ones that are 20 minutes of powering up and talking about fight moves.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've been meaning to ask about the music. Do you feel Kai's score is an improvement over the original, or do you like the original soundtrack better? Which captures the mood of the episodes better?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information