Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Can you turn your ordinary bike into an exercise bike?

if i were to just raise the back tyre off the floor, would that work as a exercise bike or would i need to use magnets for more intensity?
    If i put it on the hardest gear will that help for intensity?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    need to add intensity to it.... try wearing ankle weights too... that will help

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You want to get a trainer, they have a magnetic resistance module and a fluid resistance. I have the Bell Motivator and it works ok but it doesn't have enough resistance to simulate the hard climbs. You can use anything to put under the front wheel to level the bike. You want a slick to use on the back to make the bike quiet.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_83801651_19?ie=UTF8&node=3403551&pf_r d_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-7-0&pf_rd_r=11SFK4DTPY0FG0NMEHSF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =472772011&pf_rd_i=3403201

Edit:
    I can run my bike at the highest gear for 40 min or so and work up a good sweat. I will get one of the fluid drive that has the remote variable resistance next time. When I first got it I could only handle the top gear for 5 min before I had to drop down to another gear.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You want to get a trainer, they have a magnetic resistance module and a fluid resistance. I have the Bell Motivator and it works ok but it doesn't have enough resistance to simulate the hard climbs. You can use anything to put under the front wheel to level the bike. You want a slick to use on the back to make the bike quiet.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=amb_link_83801651_19?ie=UTF8&node=3403551&pf_r d_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-7-0&pf_rd_r=11SFK4DTPY0FG0NMEHSF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p =472772011&pf_rd_i=3403201

Edit:
    I can run my bike at the highest gear for 40 min or so and work up a good sweat. I will get one of the fluid drive that has the remote variable resistance next time. When I first got it I could only handle the top gear for 5 min before I had to drop down to another gear.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Edit:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Edit:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Edit:

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Edit:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information