Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    robin100

bell tv packages

I could ask this question of a Bell rep but I still would not be confident of the answer so maybe someone on this forum has already done this. I have 5 SD packages with Bell and HD. HD is 'grandfathered' in that my $10 covers all available HD channels. Question is - if I was to change one of my 5 package SD selection to something else do I then lose my grandfathered HD and have to start paying it by the current payment schedule, or is the HD unaffected and would continue to be grandfathered?
    Thanks

waterug

bell tv packages

I believe you would start all over again and lose your grandfathered package.

Baal

bell tv packages

No it wouldn't affect your HD.
    I have the same thing as you and I change my SD theme packs a couple of times a year.

haystack

bell tv packages

I would be careful, I once said OK to a one time 10% discount for a mistake on my monthly bill. Only to find it cost me my 30% discount for a year I had been given just a few months before.

Ex Agent EV

bell tv packages

It's shoudn't hange your HD package cost...

The agent will only have to remove the themes you want removed and put the new ones you want

In the case that the the agent offers 10% of on everything for a period it is a different story... The agent has to remove everything that the client has when he make the offer and then add each item with the appropiate discount code. Probelm is, when an item is no longer offered (like the HD granfathered package) the option is no longer in the system has a programming option. The agent can therefore not select it and can not offer you the package at the cost it was. If that is the case the agent, according to procedure, must advise you that this would be the case. Unfortunatly in many cases the agent, instead to hear you complaint about it, will volontarly omit to tell you there would be a price difference

reidw

bell tv packages

I wanted to do the same thing a few months ago (change SD themes). The Bell CSR said that any change to the SD theme pack programming meant that I would also lose the old HD package. He said there was no way around it. I dropped the idea at that point.

Pinza

bell tv packages

I too had the same reaction, I declined to changed but called back within th ehour, got through and that person allowed me to change my theme packs.

Try another CSR, they are not all trained the same, some actually get it wrong in our favor, most don't.

moosefan

bell tv packages

I have made quite a few changes to my SD theme packs (added and removed) since the introduction of the new HD packs and I haven't lost my old HD package. I do however only make changes online or through the self serve option on 188.

Ex Agent EV

bell tv packages

Often in the same call center 2 supervisors will tell a different answer on the same matter...

I don't see why a client would loose a HD grandfathered package because he changes his SD themes. If, for example you want to change VARIETY 1, let's say for SPORTS 3, all the agent has to do is to open a work order, press - netx to the VARIETY 1, then go in the upper part of her screen, go in the middle box, find SPORTS 3, click enter to be able to select and confirm.

The codes of the old HD package are probably no longer in the system, meanning that if you choose to go with the new package and then call back and say you want to go back to the old one they won't be able to do that, or if you have a retention offer of a % off each month for a period, but in that situation it shoudn't change anything.

I suspect that some agents, when they know their RPC (revenu per call) is low for the month and a client with a HD granfathered package call to make a change that won't change anything for them (like swap 2 themes) tells the client that it would change the HD package and they go ahead and change it to have an upgrade of 5$ (cause they select the 5 themes)

reidw

bell tv packages

The way it was explained to me was that it is not the HD that is grandfathered, rather it is the whole package you are taking so any changes will affect it. IOW even changing receivers would affect my HD. I had trouble believing this but given what I've been reading about Bell and its service policies in this forum I decided to take no chances. I don't need any hassles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information