Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cdnuser

Old Bell Packages

Here is my situation I got offered HDTV programming free for 6 months. They came and installed the HDTV receiver, but low and behold no HDTV programming.

I was informed on the phone by bell that I can't get HDTV programming because I have an old bell package.

English Locals

Canada

cdnuser

Old Bell Packages

Called Bell today. Spent 30mins talking to a rep to determine the best new package to get all my channels and possible some free ad ons. Offered me basic + 5 themes for to total $60 plus my original 6 months free HD and a bonus of $20 Payperview credit. Still more than I currently pay. So she transferred me to another dept. and that rep added HD to my current programming of which they said they couldn't do. So I have my 7 theme packs and HD for only 45+tax.

CountryBumpkin

Old Bell Packages

All I can advise you is to proceed carefully if you change packages. My standard def CBSW, FOXW, NBCW, and CBSW disappeared off of my receivers last week. Oddly PBSW was still there. Had to retire my old Ultimate 7 package before they would put them back for $1.

CSR says "I see you're spending $103.60 with tax on your old programming. What if I told you that you can have everything you have plus more for $102?".

I asked him numerous times if that $102 included tax, and he said yes. Told him I wanted to check for myself and would call back. So then he starts getting pushy, going on about how he's giving me correct information and how he can't understand why I don't want to change there and now. Unfortunately after a few minutes of listening to hime go on, I caved, just to make him shut up.

After I got off the phone I checked the web site. Sure enough, he flat out lied to me. The package was $102 without tax.

I called back. By accident, I selected technical support. Talked with a very nice ex-newfie. Told him what happened. He said that group will try to upsell, but was disappointed to hear of the stunt that was pulled on me. So, he put in for a credit for me to bring my first month's payment down to what I was paying previously until I can change it to something more appropriate in 30 days, which I guess is their cool-off period.

Moral of the story - if you have to change, research it first, and don't let the account/programming CSRs to to sell you something you don't want.

Ex Agent EV

Old Bell Packages

Unfortunatly for you once you are on the new programming packages, it is very unlikely that they will put you back on the older programming packages...

What is your programming set up? Why 102$?

Ex Agent EV

Old Bell Packages

Here is a document that could help you figure out what programming you had an where the channels have been moved to:

Networks
    ABC
    NBC
    FOX
    CBS
    CityTV->Digital standard or networks for client with base num

Ex Agent EV

Old Bell Packages

Cduser I figure it should cost you less than that... Look at the previous document.

You should takeigital Standard 31$
    5 themes->Variety 1 20$
    ->Lifestyle 1
    ->News 1
    ->Familly 1
    ->Sports 1
    HD Value Pack 10$
    Much Vibe (pick and pay) 2.50$
    Much More retro (pick and pay)2.50$

I'm at 66$... By the way you could only get MuchMore Retro if you have the upgrade kit. If you don't have it remove it you won't get the channel

cdnuser

Old Bell Packages

Thanks Agent.

Well it was too good to be true. I have been on the phone 4 times because they have not properly added the HD programming.

What is also weird is the reasoning.
    They tell me that I don't get HD programming because I purchased the receiver instead of renting it and I will have to pay an extra $10/month. But I didn't buy it. It is in fact a rental but with a free rental term.

The last agent I spoke to just 5 mins ago also stated that I purchased the unit. He also had no record of the other 3 agents attempting to activate the HD programming. What on earth is going on??

My old programming is
    1 Canada Digital Advantage 44.99
    Less DIGITAL BUNDLE DISCOUNT 5.00cr
    1 System Charge 5.99
    Total Monthly charges (before taxes) 45.98
    Plus $6 dishcare (which I am going to remove)

Total 51.98 before tax. With this I have all the channels except Lonestar, diva and sports packs

cdnuser

Old Bell Packages

update: Had to call bell a 5th time and still no HD, now it looks like I will have to call a 6th time. What a waste of time. I know they are pushing me to upgrade to a new package. If I get a deal I would, but it would have to be a great deal to make up for the extra cash I will be spending every month.

i hate tv

Old Bell Packages

they have to upsell, it gives them bonuses $$$
    i feel you pain, as i had a similar dispute
    was "upsold" a cheaper package, with more programming ( i was saving over $7 due to upgrading my package, and getting rid of a system access fee, and additional receiver fee)
    i would get the same programming, but pay less money!!!
    wow, what a deal
    then some HD channels vanished.....
    then we got our bill, and it went up????
    called into complain too many times to keep track, but many hours of arguing
    its funny, i thought the calls were recorded for quality assurance, and training purposes, so when i asked them to listen to the call where the salesman (not csr) told me i would SAVE money, by changing my package, but they said it couldnt be done.....
    then the knucklehead tried to convince me i WAS saving money
    "well sir, you are saving over $7 now, that you used to have to pay for your system access, and additional receiver fees"
    i told him that my bill went up $6, and i am missing channels!!!
    so, they put $7 in my front pocket, and when i turned around, stole $13 from my back pocket
    good deal
    long story short, i received credits to balance out what i was overcharged for changing my package (shoulda stuck with the original package)
    the thing that burned me, was that there is NO accountability
    these salesman/csr's have carte blanche, to tell you whatever you want to hear, to get their sale (and bonus) and then laugh when the customer has to call in numerous times to straighten the problem out (which is usually done with programming credits!)
    like the poster above recommended, do your own research, then call in
    btw, call in, and ask tell them you want the cancellation dept
    tell them your story, and ask what needs to be done to cancel your service, when is your rental contract up, how much notice do you have to give, etc.....
    maybe a little push, and fear of losing a customer, will get them moving in the right direction, as your current method, of the polite, pay your bills on time customer, doesnt seem to be working

Ex Agent EV

Old Bell Packages

Unfortunatly, since Bell's quality grid requires that we do a sales attempt EACH CALL (otherwise we loose a 20 points right there/to get our BELL monthly bonus we need an average quality of 80% and the get the bi-monthly one at the vendor you need an average of 80%), lots of agents will focus more on the sales part of the call, and even lie to the client to get their sales...those agents should all get fired if you ask me

The calls are recorded, but can only be listen to if when you call back your call get transferred in the same call center. I don't belive that our recoding system enables us to listen to a call in a different call center

The Legacy package are, for most user cheaper, even with the latest increase of 5$ on the base than the current Genesis packages. Unfortunatly clients adding HD on the Legacy package will not get ALL the HD station offered. He would not be able to ssucribeto Sport3 or Divertissement Plus, since the theme were not offered on Legacy.

CNUSER, you can send me a private message of the situation and I will look at it and tell you your best options...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information