Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

"refused" at 99% of download - what's going on?

hi all,

have to ask this. i regulary get "refused" after 99% of large files have been downloaded. seems to happen especially on fast downloads - the thing everyone is looking for i suppose. what is this?

are these all some "sick" guys, who abort the download after it has almost finished - just for fun? or why the hell do they do so, is there any reason for this? i don't get it! if someone shares at all, why would he do so? maybe something like "didn't upload it completely so they cannot take me to court" or something? can anyone imagine some other reasons for this? i mean these persons have to sit in front of their monitors all the time to see when to abort ...

just trying to understand this behaviour. thanx for your ideas on this!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

What client are you using?

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

99% could be a client problem, on either end. If you resume the file again no human would be fast enough to stop you from getting the last few bytes to complete the file and I assume you tried that. Change clients and see if it still happens. If it happens across several IPs you have a problem with your system.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

i tried out all major clients, but currently have bearshare in regular use (it simply seems to work out best at the moment). i have noticed the effect especially often with servants in the ip-range of 213.112.x.x and 213.112.x.x which according to bearshare are located in sweden and which usually provide me with fast downloads (they also have fast uploads from my machine).

of course i resume the downloads, but i have to look for files with same name/size each time. it just seems unnecessary effort lets say. the ip i started from stays refusing me at least on that file for a long time. thats why i am wondering ... i on the other hand had also finished downloads from the subnets mentioned above, so i dont think its a general, technical problem. that's why i thought it might be the users "refusing" ...

its a client problem.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Limewire used to do that to me when I used it,occasionaly,I found that the file was still complete but in the temp folder for unfinished files,worth a try

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

How many letters in the word Rabroad

Thread Information