Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Hamish

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer or Mazda 3 ?

Trying to choose a car, please help. much Appreciated.

nyguy
    I'd choose the Mitsu. Mazda's are alright ... but I've had and heard of people who had trouble with their transmissions. Mitsubishi Lancer is really solid car ... test drove and loved it. If you're gonna buy one get at least the ES or the GT model.

Plus after-market stuff are much easier to find for the Lancer.

Stupid Flanders
    Both are good cars and are very similar. This is going to come down to your personal preference.

Advantages to the 3 include - Better resale, better reliability and slightly better fuel economy if you opt for the 2.0 Liter engine.

Advantages to the Lancer include - better warranty

We chose the 3 because we felt that it was more comfortable, you get more car for the money and it gets better fuel economy.
    Plus, although the MIVEC engine in the Lancer is very reliable, I find it way too loud.

DANIEL C
    2 Totally different cars, Lancer is alot bigger a family car, the Mazda is only a small hatchback so depends what you need it for.
    Both reliable so your choice really

Jamie
    mitsubishi lancer and if you put a 1.5 k turbocharger then you got yourself a mitsubishi lancer evo x engine.

12pleze
    Mazda by far.

jim
    Hey

I'm sorry but
    JAPANESE CARS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mccoyblues
    Love them both. But the base Lancer or 3 is a car to avoid. Nothing at all special about those vehicles.

Step up to the Lancer Ralliart or the Speed3 and you've got 2 really great driving machines that have excellent engines, transmissions (manual of course) and suspensions and they cost thousands less than the Lexus IS and BMW 3 series they compete against.

The only problem is the Speed3 only comes in the 5 door hatchback and I'm not crazy about that configuration. So for my money I'd put it on the Lancer Ralliart sedan.

mccoyblues
    Love them both. But the base Lancer or 3 is a car to avoid. Nothing at all special about those vehicles.

Step up to the Lancer Ralliart or the Speed3 and you've got 2 really great driving machines that have excellent engines, transmissions (manual of course) and suspensions and they cost thousands less than the Lexus IS and BMW 3 series they compete against.

The only problem is the Speed3 only comes in the 5 door hatchback and I'm not crazy about that configuration. So for my money I'd put it on the Lancer Ralliart sedan.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information