Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Buying A 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R?

So I've been looking around for a bike for a month now, and I'm set on getting the Kawasaki Ninja 250R as my first bike. I've read all over the internet and was told by dealers that it's a great bike to start out with, not too heavy or fast. I'm set on this bike, and I just started getting numbers for dealerships. The MSRP value for this bike is $3999, which isn't an exorbitant amount of money for transportation, but if I can get it cheaper, why wouldn't I?

The whole buying a new vehicle process is a little intimidating with the greasy cars salesman deal, and they've all been polite on the phone, which scares me more. I've never been a situation where I would need to haggle, and the only card I have in my hand is a threat to go somewhere else to buy because I live in Daytona Beach and there's a motorcycle dealer on every street. What price should I start out at? What special deals should I get? Also, do I have to be certified before I can drive it off the lot?

I also don't know whether to buy new or used. If I buy used, I may save some money on the initial purchase, or monthly payments, but pay more than I'm saving in maintenance. If I buy new I've been told there's an opportunity to have extras thrown in, like gear (which I need). What are y'alls opinions? Any advice is appreciated.

TL;DR version:
    1. What price should I start out asking for/expect for a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R (MSRP:$3999)?
    2. New or used?
    3. Special deals?
    4. Information to look for when shopping for the right dealer.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It really is up to you. If you plan on keeping the bike even after you get a newer bigger bike then go for a brand new one that you can keep in good shape. If you plan on getting rid of it when you move to a faster bike than just buy a used bike. My first bike was a ninja ex500 that I had bought for $900 I kept it even after my next bike but did get rid of it after buying my third. I only have one bike at the moment but when I get a chance I am going to purchase a brand new 250r due to the fact that I can use it as my daily rider then use my bigger bike for weekend rides. It is really up to you, but remember that motorcycles lose value faster than ANY thing out there lol. Once you buy it... It is worth far less than you just payed for it. I just bought a xj650 for $300... It was a beater but I like building bilkes so I got it to work on.. But you get the picture.. Bikes come and go. I wouldn't pay more than $2000 for a used 2008 250r, but I would pay $5000 because then I could keep it in the condition I wish to keep it in.

ALSO keep in mind.. out the door that bike is going to be about $5000 due to fees an stuff. you will also need to break it in. and get insurance on a brand new bike.. In florida you do not need to purchase insurance on a bike.. If you get a brand new bike with a lean then usauly banks make you get insurance..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at Craig's List: http://daytona.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=250R&catAbbreviation=mcy&minAsk=min&maxA sk=max

*USED* 2009 250 Ninjas are asking $4000-4500. New is $4700+ out the door. The Ninjette is a hot seller, no need to discount, lots of reasons to tack on "shipping" "setup". . . .

Have you looked at what it will cost YOU to *insure* a Ninja? Ninjas made Progressive Insurance top five list for crashing and stealing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Looking at Craig's List: http://daytona.craigslist.org/search/mcy?query=250R&catAbbreviation=mcy&minAsk=min&maxA sk=max

*USED* 2009 250 Ninjas are asking $4000-4500. New is $4700+ out the door. The Ninjette is a hot seller, no need to discount, lots of reasons to tack on "shipping" "setup". . . .

Have you looked at what it will cost YOU to *insure* a Ninja? Ninjas made Progressive Insurance top five list for crashing and stealing.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 250's, yes there light and easy to ride....but within a month you'll be kicking yourself for not getting a bigger bike...

Go to www.Craigslist.com and go under motorcycles list and find a good R6 or GSX-R 600 for around $3000

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The 250's, yes there light and easy to ride....but within a month you'll be kicking yourself for not getting a bigger bike...

Go to www.Craigslist.com and go under motorcycles list and find a good R6 or GSX-R 600 for around $3000

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What color is our footer?

Thread Information