Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    helpful bob
    One thing I'am wondering is why they changed just one of the struts , another thing is did they change the upper strut mount and bearing.I didn't really advice just to change one strut and the mounts and bearings should be changed , I think the noises you're hearing are due to that.

Hope that helps and best of luck.

galaxiexl
    Struts,as well as any suspension part should be replaced in pairs.You probably hear a fresh bushing squeaking.If that part was replaced under warranty,Free,I wouldn't Bitch.

Paul V

Honda civic strut repair?

Yesterday the dealer replaced a front strut they said was bad in my honda civic. Today when I drove it, I could hear a creaking noise when I turned the steering wheel left and right. This is the first time I've ever heard the car make that noise. I figure it has something to do with the strut work they did. Anyone have some knowledge on this type of thing? Thanks.

helpful bob
    One thing I'am wondering is why they changed just one of the struts , another thing is did they change the upper strut mount and bearing.I didn't really advice just to change one strut and the mounts and bearings should be changed , I think the noises you're hearing are due to that.

Hope that helps and best of luck.

shawn
    it is the strut.take the car back,and have them look into it,theyll have to drive it to see what the problem..sounds like a bad strut..

shawn
    it is the strut.take the car back,and have them look into it,theyll have to drive it to see what the problem..sounds like a bad strut..

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    U took it in for a bad strut n they put a bad one on lol
    U should tell them that the strut is bad or mayb it just need sum lube

BMWS GOD
    BY all means take it back. The strut is likely a cheaper strut that uses a low quality seal. They do this creeking. Changing only one strut is unsafe. When you so a panic stop the car will go all over the place.

BMWS GOD
    BY all means take it back. The strut is likely a cheaper strut that uses a low quality seal. They do this creeking. Changing only one strut is unsafe. When you so a panic stop the car will go all over the place.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

In what corner do we have Search box?

Thread Information