Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

My 1991 Honda Accord did not want to start again.?

My car did not want to start again. On Monday it didn't start in the morning but before I went to bed I went to turn it on and it work. It worked fine until today in the morning when I tried to start it so I can take my kids to school. It didn't work. It acts like there is no gas but it has half a tank. My wife said she just tried to turn it on again and it worked. What can be causeing this problem. Once it turns on I don't have any problems with it. It seems like its in the mornings when I have a hard time. It's a 1991 Honda Accord Ex 2.2

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Assuming it is cranking, i.e. turning over but will not ignite. Fuel Pump is my first and best guess. If the fuel pump does not charge the fuel injection system, the engine will not start. Assuming it has fuel injection.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't be the fuel pump if it starts here and there. Sounds to me it could be a malfuncitoned power relay. Located on lower left under dash(driverside). When turning the ignition "ON" do you hear a click? If not then it's the power relay. You can turn the ignition "on" and "off" couple of times and once you hear the relay click your car should start. What you can do is take off the power relay and hit it on the cement couple times. Sometimes this solves the problem sometimes not. Otherwise go to a junk yard or Autozone for a replacement. Good Luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Can't be the fuel pump if it starts here and there. Sounds to me it could be a malfuncitoned power relay. Located on lower left under dash(driverside). When turning the ignition "ON" do you hear a click? If not then it's the power relay. You can turn the ignition "on" and "off" couple of times and once you hear the relay click your car should start. What you can do is take off the power relay and hit it on the cement couple times. Sometimes this solves the problem sometimes not. Otherwise go to a junk yard or Autozone for a replacement. Good Luck!

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Assuming it is cranking, i.e. turning over but will not ignite. Fuel Pump is my first and best guess. If the fuel pump does not charge the fuel injection system, the engine will not start. Assuming it has fuel injection.

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Real Member

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What is the number after 87?

Thread Information