Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    That70sGuy

Bell Misleading Descriptions on Website?

I recently purchased the Upgrade Kit #5 from Bell's online shopping site for $179.99 CAD. I ordered this because I currently have a few channels that I am subscribed to in my package bundle that require the second satellite. I currently have 3 receivers in the house hooked to 2 different dishes (2 receivers to one dish/satellite and 1 receiver to the 2nd dish pointed at the same main sattelite), but now to get the second satellite for all 3 receivers, I needed a switch. The attraction to this package offered by Bell was that it offered a $90 credit coupon with the purchase:

Accessory features

* Includes 1-LNBF dish, 1 4x4 switch, 1 power inserter and a $90 credit coupon.

(Note that I assume the "dish" word in this description is misplaced since the package doesn't include a dish. Who writes these descriptions anyway??)

To my chagrin, I received the package today and discovered that to receive my $90 credit I need to PURCHASE FURTHER PROGRAMMING!! This is not explained on Bell's website.

Thankfully there is a pre-paid XpressPost sticker which I can use to return the order, and I hope Bell will refund the entire amount including shipping to my credit card.

Am I overreacting? Has anyone else experienced similar problems with advertising from Bell?

Leaf Fan

Why did you purchase this switch?
    I'm assuming to receive programming from the 82 degree satellite?
    To qualify for the $90 programming credit, you then have to subscribe to a theme pack from the 82 degree satellite
    I don't see the problem here
    What I think they may be doing is trying to stop pirates, from getting rebates on equipment

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've never seen a credit coupon on programming (from Bell or any cable company) that didn't require you to buy more programming so I am not surprised. I usually confirm with companies when the deal seems to good to be true.

I don't know what the webpage says but mistakes happen. Around here I've learned that both customers and companies screw up.

It's annoying but my advice is to send it back.

That70sGuy

I currently subscribe to the 11 Themes and Movies package which includes several stations that require the second satellite (specifically the Variety 3 package). I am already paying for this package and decided that I might want to see what I am paying for. But now they want me to buy additional programming to get the credit. I'm not really arguing that fact. If that's what they want, so be it. What I really resent is not being told the specifics of the credit requirements *prior* to the purchase. The online description is misleading.

That70sGuy

Don't worry... The box is already re-taped and ready to go

Status
    Downloads
    Uploads

Agreed. I just think its a goof up on the copy as opposed to a deliberate attempt to mislead.

Sending it back ensures they are more likely to check the copy the next time!

i hate tv

Sorry if this is a stupid question
    Why are you paying for Variety 3, if you can't receive it? (This is why you purchased the sw44 switch)
    If you weren't paying for it to begin with, and now decided to pay for it, you wouldn't need to add any more programming and would get your credit (unless I am mistaken?)

Ex Agent EV

That coupon is the old Nimiq 2 promo...

Call EV and book an Nimiq 2 free upgrade...
    You might have to argue over this as the promo is usually that you buy the LNBF with the agent and they will book free install on the same call. I could confrim it is possible even whithout threthning to disconnect as I had it home

They will send a tech in to install it for you (less hassle for you!)

All you need to do to be eligible is to suscribe to Nimiq 2 channels (it could even be Salt & Light religious channel at 2.50$/month) for months minimum and the LNBF cost will be refund in full

That70sGuy

My programming bundle includes 11 Themes and I'm not a huge Sports fan so I didn't get the Sports 2 or Sports 3 packages. The only other package left was Variety 3, which looked good to me, and thought I might get the switch in the future. So I included it in my programming. Since it is part of a bundle, I didn't have the option of adding it this time.

i hate tv

Even if you are not a huge sports fan, wouldnt you rather pay for channels that you could have watched, instead of subscribing to channels that you weren't capable of receiving?
    Maybe the CSR should have stressed that to you, as I still don't understand why they would let you pay for channels you weren't going to get
    It just sets the stage for an unhappy customer
    I guess it is in the past, so it doesn't matter....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

What comes after M0nday

Thread Information